why does anxiety make you freak ?????

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey everyone man this anxiety stuff is horrible

Im always freaking out about normal every day things like BLINKING OR BREATHEING OR JUST NORMAL STUFF. And every time one anxiety symptom go's away here comes another worse and scarier one.im not on any meds at the moment and i see my psychiatrist next month for the very first time so hopefully he can give me a therapist because i want to try natural remedies first before i try those anti-depression are anti-Anxiety pills.. appreciate yall listing thanks.

1 like, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know the feeling. Anything that feels weird, makes you think something major is going on....
    • Posted

It's the worst. For a few hours now, I have had a pulsing pain in my forehead, and I don't know why..
    • Posted

I hate how we anxiety sufferers find one thing that feels abnormal and automatically assume the worst. I'm obsessing over several physical symptoms right now and it gives me the scariest impending doom feeling.
    • Posted

I hate having anxiety i freak out about everything even normal stuff this sucks
    • Posted

Sometimes when i blink to many times i freak out are if I'm breathin funny I freak out if something looks weird i freak out anxiety sucks why does anxiety make you freak out about your own body
    • Posted

A misfire and imbalance in our brains. It's very scary and very stressful. I wake up feeling nervous immediately. It's horrible. I can't even just enjoy my day because I spend every minute monitoring how I'm feeling. It sucks.
    • Posted

Yeah i feel where your coming from anxiety plays tricks on our minds i just hope the medications they give work
    • Posted

It really is. This huge wave of anxiety comes over me the second my eyes open from sleeping. It's so discouraging!
    • Posted

I know. It's gotten worse....the anxiety and over thinking has become so powerful no matter how much I try to tell myself it's all in my head...

What are ur triggers? Fears?

• Posted

I've been on meds and had been doing wonderful until a few days ago. I was driving my daughter to school and started to feel really strange and I started freaking out about how I was feeling...I thought I was dying right then and there. I am now googling all my symptoms because I'm scared I had a TIA stroke or something serious and I'm obsessing over it and I've made it so much worse googling all my symptoms or googling TIA strokes because of course I've read nothing but scary stories. So, my triggers are having physical symptoms that cause me to think I've got something serious. My fears are dying, being alone too long with my thoughts, something happening to me and my 15yo daughter not having me.
    • Posted

😔 I get it. I wish I could help you as many others but I can't even help myself. There has to be a cure for obsessive fears...it's so difficult to live in a body we feel we have no control over. Life is hard as it is....and this makes it sooo much more difficult....its very been off work for 3 months bc of it
    • Posted

It's paralyzing. I spend all my time trying to see if I can feel anything abnormal and then I start to freak out and then I start googling. All day I have that uneasy sick feeling. I hate it
    • Posted

Same here. It's so scary. I posted my own forum under phobia if ur interested. Its pretty long. ...
    • Posted

I hate feeling weird and sick all the time i keep asking myself i must bee going crazy
    • Posted

Yup I feel ur pain. I start questioning myself whether it's the anxiety creating it or is there something really wrong with my stomach...ugh
    • Posted

Yeah i understand its crazy how anxiety makes you feel like your losing your mind i just hope i get a little better hopefully
    • Posted

Wow, you have been dealing with a lot. I just read your post. I think cbt is what you need too. I take meds, but I want to learn to control my thoughts too. They are extremely debilitating.
    • Posted

Yeah, anxiety will make you feel as though you're losing it! It's very terrifying.
    • Posted

Yea its horrible but talking to you guys really helps so thanks for being a friend because sometimes i feel very depressed and alone

• Posted

I know....😔....and it's frustrating bc anxiety triggers nausea and gastrointestinal issues which makes it worse for me. It's a vicious cycle. I was in meds but now just take clonazepam as I don't think antidepressants are very good
    • Posted

Talking does help. ☺ ur not alone remember that. We're always here...
    • Posted

Yeah i was having stomach problems too but that was at the beginning of this anxiety but that subsidised now im having like weird feelins in.my head numbness in different places and alot of other crazy anxiety symptoms
    • Posted

Well that's great hopefully i can take some medications that will make me fee. A little NORMAL lol do anti depression pills help wit anxiety
    • Posted

You're definitely not alone. It's really a relief when you find other people that can relate to you.
    • Posted

Yeah, I usually feel sick from my anxiety. It gives me that nervous stomach. Like it feels nervous and cold inside.
    • Posted

I'm not on them anymore as I feel that antidepressants are bad. They masked the issues and they mess with ur brain. My doc wants me back on them but I don't want to
    • Posted

I have been getting the tingling, numbness and a strange pressure in my head also
    • Posted

Yes I get on and off cold/hot flashes.....during a bad panic attack...I feel tingly all over and the nerves from my teeth also feel that way. Crazy how our bodies react
    • Posted

Yea that's what people tell me not to take them because they make you have bad side effects but i gotta try something and yea my head feels da same way it sucks
    • Posted

I can't explain how they make u feel. It's hard to explain....foggy like in the beginning... could cause upset stomach... dizziness....it's different for everyone right. All I know is that it's done more damage than good. But my condition is significantly worse and idk what to do
    • Posted

Wow yea i feel where your coming from im kind stuck now maybe ill try something natural first
    • Posted

The natural approach would be 5htp. U can buy it at a health supplement store I believe
    • Posted

Yeah im going to go see if i can get something to at least help me deal with these crazy symptoms but does your psychiatrist referre you to a therapist are would i have to pay for a therapist on my own ????
    • Posted

Let me know what u find or try. I'm not seeing my psychiatrist anymore as he keeps referring to the prescription pad. But I do want to see a psychotherapist for cbt (cognitive behavior therapy) but a long wait list for the few that are covered under Ohip. Most aren't covered unfortunately
    • Posted

Yea that sucks when the psychiatrist is always wanting to pour pills down our mouths and ill let you kno what i try and take that'll help us because feeling like this every day is horrible sandi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.