Why Does the UK Have the Best Anxiety Sites?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm from the U.S. but all of my research on anxiety leads me to sites from the UK. Are you a particularly anxious lot or just have better medical resources?  Humorous comments are welcome. I could use a good laugh today smile

2 likes, 12 replies

Report / Delete

12 Replies

• Posted

Ha we take life too seriously but full on anxiety conditions are a illness. I don't do or think anything but it happens to me during and after pregnancys and awful !
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Anxiety and Depression are in the media alot at the moment in the UK, Uk government are having a bit of a hammering of lack of funding
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's because we let you start and watch you make the mistakes then step in and do it right! Lol 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

We live on a small rock which is foggy 11 months of the year!  What's not to get depressed about!

Personally, I find British people more 'pessimistic' than Americans. I think you could also call it 'over-cautious'.  I don't think that is bad... just a personality trait. I found people from other northern European countries such as Finland, Denmark also quite 'dark'. It is 'dark' but ironically produces some of the best comedy!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm from the US to Mark!! Haven't found any sites either.. I love this one lots of good people and very helpful advice.. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Perhaps the dismal weather in the Uk has something to do with it.  But I don't expect all parts of the USA are warm and sunny are they?  Not sure our medical resources are better, but I say thank goodness for The National Health, but don't know if it makes a difference where anxiety is concerned.

Been a lot on news lately about better help for people with mental health problems, so perhaps there is more publicity lately.  I don't know if the British are more anxious than any other nation.  Interesting research though!!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No, weather is only really nice here in a few places.  I'm from Chicago and it's cold. The sun just peaked out yesterday after hiding for 6 days.

I really appreciate the UK websites. They've been a great help to me. Mental Health hasn't been in the news too much here. I think your culture is probably a little more accepting to it, but the rates are probably the same. With all this technology that let's us do vastly more things than we did in the past I think we are going to see major increases in anxiety and depression. Not that technology is a bad thing. Just something we have to adapt to. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up