Why? I just don't get it

Posted , 5 users are following.

this evening i have experienced some orange oil, a tiny amount leaked and then i had a very bad stomach followed by an unpleasant toilet time with more orange oil, i could understand this if i had overdone it on the fat consumption but today i have had 3g for b'fast and 4.5g for lunch, i wondered if it was delayed from y'day but i looked at my log and only had 25g over my 3 meals (lunch and dinner both bellow 12g) so why? i havent had a bad stomach with orange oil before and have only rarely experienced it when going to the loo but nothing like this!

the only saving grace is that it happened after i got home from my 13 mile walk!!

anyone have any ideas why this happened?

:wah:

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sparkles,

No idea but i misread a label once and accidently ate 30g fat in one go. I had nothing until about 3 days later when i had orange oil when i went to the toilet. I've never had it leak out as yet. It supposed to take 24 hours to go through your system if you overeat but mine seems to take a good few days.

I went out on Friday as it was my birthday and my hubby took me to an all you can eat indian buffett, i still took my tablet as i thought i may as well try and block 1/3 of the horrendous amount of fat i must have consumed. I had diahorrea on sunday and slightly today but only when i went to the toilet, it wasn't at the stage where i can't hold it and so far still no orange oil?

I think we must be special ha ha

• Posted

thanks hippo, i deffinately didn't misread anything, had the same lunch as i normally have except i also had carrot sticks altho i could see how it could generally happen!

it was just the most unpleasant experience, i felt like i needed to throw up, poo and pass out all at the same time! (sorry for graphic description) i hope i never have that again!

• Posted

For me it is from 28 hours until 36 hours after ive taken in too much fat - only happened twice in 4 weeks due to me being too polite when eating with friends.

We are all different.

• Posted

Maybe you had an upset stomach but because of the tabs your body reacted differently?

Just a thought - hope you are OK now.

I had my usual Friday afternoon off from dieting, I went to the pug and had steak, chips, pepper sauce and onion rings - obviously didn't take a bluey and in the past I've been fine doing his, but not last Friday.

Maybe it's the weather?

• Posted

Hi Sparkles

A similar thing happened to me early on in taking the blue tabs. One day I had all bran with semi skimmed milk for breakfast and cottage cheese for lunch (a really low fat type) and I had a bad episode. I was totally confused as the fat in take was really low. Convinced it was what I had eaten that upset my stomach rather than the fat intake, I had the cottage cheese the next day and no all bran and had no side effects. But when I had all bran and no cheese I experienced the orange oil and the upset stomach. Since then I have avoided all bran. I know it may sound silly but maybe what ever you had just disagreed with you. Try different combinations to see was it was. Good luck.

Andy

• Posted

Thanks for the input guys! :D

Luckily it was just that one time, i did have something similar about a year ago and that was a bug so maybe it was that again but because there was some oil i assumed it was bluey related :?:

Its great how these things happen and as a community you guys all help out, you're all awesome! 8)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.