Why is it back again???:(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys, so i went a whole month feeling good. No breathing troubles, no fast heart rate, actually felt like i had my life back. i was working out everyday and was sure i had finally overcome my health anxiety. Well yesterday it started again... Heart racing, chest pain, felt like i was going to faint in the store and now it wont go away.. Why is it that it always comes back?? ive been a little stressed out but why must we live this way:( I keep telling myself ive had numerous ecgs and ive always been fine but my whole chest feels tight 😦(

1 like, 2 replies

Report Reply

2 Replies

• Posted

I know how u feel... Honestly, it's back again bc anxiety is not curable and it never fully goes away (in my opinion at least). The best course of action is to just learn to cope with it as best u can, and not let it effect u as much. Which I kno is very hard and takes a lotttt of work, but it can be done! Over time you will almost "get used to" the anxiety and it won't be as bad.

• I've come to learn all this ^^ over the last 8 years of dealing with anxiety issues. At first I was like u, it would come and go and when it left I was soooo happy and I thought 'finally I'm back to normal'. And then when it came back it was so debilitating and upsetting. I've learned to accept my anxiety now, and so when it does return eventually, it's not as shocking and I'm able to handle it better.
    • I also see a therapist which helps me a lot. Have you tried seeing one?
    • As for your chest pains, do not worry about that. I get the exact same thing ALL the time when I'm anxious. My Dr told me something reassuring: does it lessen/go away if you are distracted? Does the pain keep u up at night? - If it were something wrong it wouldn't stay the same or come and go, it would be there 24-7 and get worse fast. And if it was something wrong it would also interrupt your sleep and other daily activities, so if you are able to sleep with the chest tightness/pain that's a good indicator it's nothing serious.
    Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New Discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.