Why is life so cruel?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had a rough few weeks meds change etc went to see psychiatrist on Wednesday, put a plan together and looks good.  For the first time in a while Ive felt hopeful and changed a habit of a lifetime and accepted help.

I had a rough moring this morning had a GP appointment and get my knockers in a twist about going out and catching a bus got there and back relativley without incident then I get a text message from an ex work collegue telling me that a woman I used to work with aged 43 was dead

Collapsed and died of a heart attck yesterday ambulance was called but they could'nt save her,she leaves a husband and a 12 year old daughter

Its so tragic why is lif so cruel

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

You should be very proud of yourself that you are trying to help yourself deal with  of all this, its definetly a step in the right direction. It can be hard to ask for help, and you did it. Sorry to hear about that poor womans demise. Life is life we dont have much control of stuff, just of ourselves really. So at least you are doing whats best for you now. Feel better
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks Lisa you always have wise words x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Life is not cruel but uncertain. Surely tragedies happen and we can only imagine the grieve of your ex colleague's friends and family. 

We must try living every moment with hapiness, joy and peace.

Take care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was officially diagnosed last week, having known I had an underlying "stress" issue I simply shrugged it off. It felt such a relief seeing the doctor.

From reading your post, I think the biggest challenge with any form of anxiety is over coming the whole fear factor and reminding yourself that it is one big mind game.

I have to remind myself that the negative thoughts and fear are just a thought process that will eventually even out. I've figured you have to be one step ahead and try to pre empt an attack or episode.

Try to focus on the positives in your life, family friends, occasions, I even scroll through pictures on my mobile gallery to remind myself how happy I really am in life and to prove there is no reason for me to feel fearful or anxious.

Stay strong and keep smiling smile

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up