Why is my fear of disease so real??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from phobic anxiety disorder since my childhood, but last three months are extremly horrible for me! Everything has started from panic attack (caused by stressful situation) and since that time my anxiety attacks were very strong! I started to searching on internet different disease and I have had irracional fear of having something like brain tumor, MS or seizures. (I had no symptoms at that time), but I have found something like partial lobe epilepsy and it drove me super crazy! Now I have horrifying fear that I have it!!! I cry so hard! My stress, phobia and depression are so severe!!! I have anxiety 24/7!!! I have mild panic attacks and now I even have anxiety of going to work and public places!

Now my symptoms are very scared and I'm so scared that it can be partial lobe epilepsy!!!

I have constant adrenalin rushes! It starts with weird "dream like" vision that takes only second! I feel like my brain stops, like I'm out of reality and than huge wave of fear and adrenalin hits my body! It takes only seconds but it's very scary!!! And my stomach is in hot spasm!

I can have it several times a day! Even when I'm calm!

Very often I also got a lot of mini adrenalin hits that I usually feel like my stomach stuns!

Besides it, I also experience derealisation, depersonalisation! I feel like I'm losing my mind! I have random flashback, confusing thoughts, I feel like I'm hallucinating!

I also have sometimes very messy vision, it feels like I'm blind for few seconds! My eyes hurts after it! I also feel like my body is under electricity! My mind made my confused. I feel like some situations I experienced before, but I'm not sure if I really did, I think about it hard and ask people around me, but I feel like I can't remember...

I also have random body twiching, sometimes Deja Vu, falling sensation, heart palpitation, dizziness, weird electric like sensation in head, tension headaches, light spots in vision...

I can't stop thinking about epilepsy! I also have dreams about it!

I have done EEG, CT scan, many different blood tests, but it all came perfect!

Can it be epilepsy?? I have heard that patients with partial lobe epilepsy usually get wrong diagnosis and it makes me super scared and crazy!!!

I don't want to take medication for anxietyand panic, but when I feel really bad I take 0,25mg or 0,75mg of alprazolam, but it doesn't help me to stop my fear!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

FIRST You need to calm down. when you feel panicky, go to YouTube and search for stop panic attacks now. It really helps to relax your mind, get your breathing and anxiety under control. The EEG would have shown something if you had epilepsy.

epilepsy does not mean necessarily having major seizures. There are people walking around with a sort of epilepsy that does not cause recognizable seizures. they don’t even know they have it! And they go their entire life with no problems. So take a deep breath and relax.

One thing you need to do is stop reading those things online. They do not pertain to your situation and you cannot self diagnose . People who self diagnose or . People who self diagnose or wrong just about 100% of the time. This is your mind making this up and getting you to believe are wrong just about 100% of the time. This is your mind making this up and getting you to believe it.

Your Panic attacks, blurred vision, depersonalization, and all the other symptoms are all very common with anxiety and stress. I have had them all!

You need to learn how to manage your anxiety and panic. The more you worry the worse your symptoms will get.I have been through this all and I know one thing is that worrying will only make things worse and it won’t help one bit. I’m sure you already know that but it’s true. You sound exactly like myself when I was in my 20s it took me a long time to realize it was all from stress . something that could really help you is speaking with a counselor who specializes in anxiety. Otherwise you will just live feeling miserable all the time and life is too short for that! Take care of yourself first ❤

• Posted

you need to go on anxiety meds to give you hand in getting over this. as you have probably seen on another guys post i have suffered with the exact same symptoms as you.

• Posted

Like jan34534 says; you best see a counselor. Medication can help to get through the rough bits but it doesn't address the root cause and doesn't offer you a permanent solution.

Make an appointment tomorrow so you can get some proper help and support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.