Why is this happening?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Several times a day, I start with a very anxious feeling sweep over me. I go into a sweat. My heart rate increases. I become  all jittery and my legs both jerk and I can not control them from it. Then my face fills with pressure which then plugs my ear and I am all off balance. Just do not know what to do with myself.  I start this from the moment I awake and it continues all day. I do not want to go outside anywhere, nor do I want to drive........... Am I wacko jacko?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This describes one of my worst panic attacks I've ever had a few weeks ago.. If you've had the doctors check up and everything was fine, then it's safe to assume it is your mind telling you that it will happen because you're scared so the anxiety feeds off of it.. My only suggestions seem crazy, but they really work for me. 1) before going to bed tonight, tell yourself that you will have a good day tomorrow. Tell yourself you're not going to get dizzy or shaky. And if you do, say oh well and go on with your day. Do not let it go to you. That's the biggest problem guarenteed. 2) when it happens, it's your body sending you too much adrenaline. Take a walk, swing your arms, something to exert the extra energy. Without the adrenaline, your shakiness would calm much quicker.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I understand all I have read, and I continue to read it daily. What you are suggesting really makes sense. Thank you. The tough one to do is when it is happening.it starts the moment I awake even before my eyes are open. I do tell myself positive statements but it does not last long ............i think morning anxiety is the worst. What kind of symptoms do you have. I really have no one to talk about this to. Both my mother and sister struggled with anxiety, but they have both passed. We used to support each other. So miss that. My husband thinks I am nuts, and just tells me it is in my head, I am creating it so just stop it. Not much a support for me. Thank you so much for replying. It seems people I do not ever know care more. Many thanks
    • Posted

I have health anxiety around my heart. So on a daily basis of an anxiety filled day, my symptoms include: nausea, dizziness, chest pains in side, rib, heart and all over, shoulder pain, headache, fast heartrate, shakiness, fear, trembling, heart palps.. Since I've learned a few of the coping techniques, it's become a lot better. Today I'm struggling a bit with being scared of a heart attack. They checked my heart two weeks ago but I just can't turn it off. Mine is much worse at night. During the day I feel comforted because people are around. Go into a site called calm clinic. Its very calming and helpful.
    • Posted

Yikes.....you got a boat load of them. I am so sorry you to are going through this. I will try that site you mention. I am hoping that after my ablation, maybe the anxiety will settle. Having tachycardia is not nice especially when your heart rate is 180......BPM. this procedure really frightens me but they say it is really nothing. Just knowing what they are going to do freaks me out.

Again thank you for taking the time

Ellen

• Posted

No problem! My moms boyfriend had an ablation done. Honestly it really is nothing to worry about, he was feeling fine an hour or two later. Best wishes!
    • Posted

Just checking in to see how you are doing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.