Why is this so hard?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been on Mirtazapine since January and have been trying to come off it for a month I’m finally down to 11.25mg since last night and I’m  questioning whether I’ll ever get off this med. it’s done nothing in fact I have new and scarier symptoms than I did before. 

I’m suffering from:

•Prickling, pins & needles and numbness in my hands and feet

• internal Tremors now becoming external

•heart palpitations 

•feelings of breathlessness 

•feelings of losing control

•not quite being with it (spaced out) 

•severe lethargy

•head rushes & head pressure

Honestly the list goes on.

I feel shocking and struggling to understand how and why this med is even on the market!!!

Any advice?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

There are so many people on this site with problems taking this drug that it may take a while to get off it so the sooner the better.  If you read about it you will be prepared.  Unfortuntely the manufacturer does not mention the withdrawals.
    • Posted

I’ve read that, when you google “coming off Mirtazapine” this sites threads come up a lot... Why is this medication on the market? I was hospitalised in a Mother Baby Unit for 5 weeks and was put on this day 1 by week 3 I was suicidal and much worse than when I went in. They insisted I stay on it... I have tried 5 different SSRIs and then they tried me on Seroquel.... Wow... Never again.

I’ve actually started seeing a naturopath who’s checking for hormonal imbalances... To try 7 different meds and find nothing working surely something else is up.

But coming off this med is horrendous! I wish I’d stopped at week 3.

• Posted

Me too, tried so many and body cant take them.  Coming off is awful too.  Detoxing brutal.  Dont know whats next as these meds dont seem to suit me yet im not better.  What will natoripath do to help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.