Why is tonight so hard

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been going to my therapist for a few weeks now,and we've figured out that males leaving me is one of my triggers. When I was small my dad left us for long periods of time and my mom would go off the deep end with depression so as a child I had to take care of her and had nobody but myself. He would come around so often and I would ask him to stay but he always left again. Well my bf that I have now is the only person that helps with my anxiety problems. And whenever I have to leave him I get really bad anxiety(separation anxiety) thanks to my dad. I get scared when he's not around. I don't feel that safe. Especially when my panic attacks come at full force, I can't deal with them alone. Like I am tonight.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Oh dear, how are you today? And what did the therapist say is the cure?
    • Posted

We haven't got that far yet. Just finding out all the triggers. That's the biggest one rolleyes right now I just calmed myself but it's definitely hard to stay calm. Trying to sleep is hard
    • Posted

I know, anxiety/ panic is the worst feeling I think, not many understand it either, for me what works is making plans for the day. Have you got plans today?
  • Posted

Stick with therapy,things often get worse before they get easier with therapy but its worth it
    • Posted

Oh gosh, so even with therapy things get worse yo start with??? Oh boy!!"
    • Posted

Its a good sign,there's nothing worse than being in therapy and you feel nothing, that's really infuriating
    • Posted

I guess so, just get scared of feeling crap again!!!! Not that im feeling great anyway!!
    • Posted

Exactly, anxiety seldom passes on its own,there's no loss to trying therapy, much more effective usually than meds
  • Posted

Me and my girlfriend have been thousands of miles apart for the last 11 months, every night we call on skype and I hope she doesn't have to go somewhere late because I worry so much about her safety and my mind starts racing to the possibilities and that makes me get really frustrated at her but I don't mean it at all

I have only been that way since I learned about my Dad leaving me as a baby, I think it's the trauma of learning about that has given me a similar sort of anxiety to yours

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.