Why so much suffering???

Posted , 2 users are following.

My Dr rx Setraline for me a month ago. I have a lot of issues with my health (fabromalgia, arthoritis in my spine and back, breast cancer, neurophatic pain fron the surgeries, last year i had surgery for females problems, my insides were coming out and it had to be  repair, fun,fun ) Also have family problems with my grown kids, after we paid for their education and now they are upper midlle class, they hardly talks to us and we hardly see our grankids. I was an Air force wife for 23 years just this I should be on meds for the rest of my life no questions ask, But I diagrees, forgive me LOL. I was on Xanax for a number of years and almost die getting off of them. I was looking for something less addicted, when the Dr suggested setraline, well good I thougth. 

I took them for 2 weeks and had to stop, I went insane, could not stop shaking, now I have a floating sensation in my body. Im new to this kind of meds. Why do you have to be in such misery and wait for them to start working and it seems to me you have to make a commitment to take them for the rest of your life. Not for me. I already expirience withdrawls and I dont want to be there again. Sorry for the long read and the typos. Just my expirience.

Good luck to all you and may the universe and good vibes be with all of you!!

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you are suffering.

Ive been on them about nine weeks. Anxiety was worse briefly but has improved vastly except for the odd day on and off where I can't understand why I feel so nervy. I feel shaky and a bit strange. I think it takes time to get the dosage right. Two weeks probably wasn't long enough for it to improve your symptoms.

I don't understand why you feel it's a life long commitment going onto these tablets. It's certainly not my intention.

I too have complex medical problems. Maybe you should go back and talk to your Doctor. I noticed a big improvement a couple of weeks ago although the last few days have been a bit up and down. 

I hope you can get some relief. 

• Posted

This what I mean by commitment, what are you going to do when you are at max mg and the pills stop working? and to feel good one day and strange the next is not for me. This is me, I wish good luck!!!!

• Posted

Doris I don't intend to take the maximum dose. I intend to take a maintenance dose until things improve then at some point wean off them. I have used medication in the past successfully and have not needed to for the last few years until recently. Hopefully the side effects will wear off as my body adjusts. We cannot expect perfection overnight.
    • Posted

I wish you much luck...this may be the medication for you. My son takes it it and he's doing well, except for his weigth.The Dr gave me a years supply, so maybe in the near future ill give it try.

sending good vibes your way!!!!!

• Posted

Has your son lost or gained weight? I am losing at a rapid rate which is not good as I am already too thin and have Coeliac disease
    • Posted

My son has gained a lot of weight,  he was never heavy,specially when he was in the military. Now I think he's like 75 pounds over his regular weight. He doesn't seem to care, the pills are working for him.

Maybe you should talk to your Dr about weight,there may be something else going on.

• Posted

Gosh that's a lot to gain.

The leaflet says average gain is 10 pounds. I've lost 10. I already have bowel disease so skinny. I've got some weight gain drinks. 

• Posted

My son is a big eater, hes wife is Vegan, so Idont understand why hes so big. I think the pills maybe make him so relax he doesn't care how much he eats. Sorry to hear about your bowel problems, talk to your Dr about it.

You dont want to lose to much wait, now that the pills seem to be working for you. Maybe there is something out there that will make you feel hungry. Here in Colorado we know how to get the munchies (legal marijuana LOL)

I have been thinking about giving the pills another try. I took them for 2 weeks and got scared. Dont know what to do. This is all adding to my anxiety arggggggg. 

I hope you are having a good day!!!!

• Posted

I wrote to you, but I mention something that is LEGAL in Colorado and They wont post it.
  • Posted

Maybe you should give them another go. I'm hoping to only be on them maybe ten months of so. I'm just trying to relax and see what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.