Why the crazy to thinking?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys can anyone tell me why I think like I'm a murderer or psycho? I'm a sensitive guy and love all my family and as harmful as a fly... is this the anxiety\ depression messing with my head? I have diazepan but haven't used them....

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Richard

I do think this thinking is down to your depression. Please try the diazepam as they don't stop you functioning but just chill you out. I can't recall what dose of antidepressant you are on. And for how long?

Lorraine x

• Posted

Hi lorraine,

I have been on fluoxatine for the past couple of years, but start a new course of sertraline 25mg a day on Wed... For the shortfall i have been prescribed diazepan for when u feel really bad but hAve resisted and stuck just with the sleeping tablets.

• Posted

Hi Richard

You have not been on your new mess long but I would still have a chat with your doctor about your feelings which could be horrible side effects. You can take a diazepam in the day time and still take your sleeping tabs at night. May help whilst you wait to speak with your doc.

Keep in touch

Lorraine x

• Posted

I understand Richard

I was too but I promise you 2mg will not mess you up in anyway. This is my first time of taking medication both antidepressants and diazepam. The only drug I took before my depression was paracetamol!! I don't take diazepam everyday but when it gets really bad that's the time!

Even when you take it you are still able to do things and still able to think but it's a calm way. And that few hours relief can make things bearable.

Lorraine xx

• Posted

One last question lorraine, if I was to have one now would it stop me from sleeping In the next few hours?
  • Posted

All sounds normal for anxiety, I used to imagine I had run someone over and look under my car for bodies.  I also used to get irritated if people talked to me and I used to want to rush off the flight approach to anxiety I was worried about hurting people it was and is all in the head, the meds will be very beneficial and calm things down.
  • Posted

If you are scared that you will harm/kill someone, this is definitely OCD.  My son had this, but seems alot better now.  Fluoxetine will help with OCD. If your'e not if you should be, or if you are, maybe a higher dose.  

I had OCD in the past as well, and used to hide all the knives in the house before I went to bed. I was terrified I would stab my partner while he was asleep. I think people who do these awful things are not usually that worried about doing it before hand, unless they have schizoprenia, but you would have other symptoms with like hearing voices. You should go to your doctor asap to get on the right treatment/dosage.  Diazepam relaxes you, but its not proper treatment for OCD.

Lots of luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.