Why these hormones?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone 

I was just wondering if anyone goes through these menopause systems and they seem to be really bad for months then seem to just disappear! Then here we go again there back!  I have a little lump near my  groin on the left side of my body and it seemed to just show up when my hormones seem to be going out off control again out of nowhere. I was feeling normal again and all of a sudden every system like the health anxiety hot flashes crazy thoughts digestive issues just all came flooding back! 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Oh yes this sounds very familiar. These symptoms like to play a sick game of peekaboo.
    • Posted

Thank you ☺️ so much! I was setting in my office today feeling like I can’t believe this is all coming back again. 
  • Posted

Yes!!  There are times I can barely walk my knees hurt so bad.  Going up and down stairs is excruciating.  Then all of a sudden, I'm fine.  No pain.  I can run up and down the stairs as if a miracle.  Then a week or so before my period, the pain starts all over again.  

• Posted

I know what you mean! Some days I have all this energy , but the for the last month I been getting all theses same systems I haven’t had for months come flooding back. I was literally setting in my office today paralyzed with fear and didn’t even know why. Then it hit me this anxiety all over again.
  • Posted

YES and seems like it adds new symptoms with the old ones and its just one roller coster ride right after another! My hips and legs hurt like crazy, horrible dry eyes, horrible nerves feel like I need a truck to carry my heavy feeling breast and lower stomach feels like a bloated balloon and the crying spells and the thoughts oH well I don't even want to speak! The weird head stuff and so on its just straight out SCARY!

• Posted

Hi Maureen,

Yes, this happens to me as well and same symptoms. I throughly enjoy the normal months/weeks! With out the break, I'd probably be a complete wreck. So enjoy the sanity break?

• Posted

Hi, this happens when your body is still making some hormones on its own. The level builds up over time to stop the meno symptoms then when the hormone levels crash again, back come the nightmare symptoms. This happens to me, some weeks on her I am feeling wonderful, then as the natural hormone levels drop down lower, I have bad days where the hrt struggles to replace what's missing. I am sticking with the hrt as the longer you take it the better your levels get and the horrid meno symptoms are kept to a minimum. Hope this helps. X

• Posted

That's how I feel sometimes. Wonder if your body still goes thru the menses cycle but without the periods.but you still get all the hormonal problems?

• Posted

Maureen,

That definitely seems to be the trend, my symptoms pop up every few months and then will just disappear so I try to imagine what my body is going through. The ovaries preparing for a permanent shut down, my hormones changing from being fertile to infertile. It has help me to accept that like puberty, my body is in the reverse status. It’s nice not getting the heavy periods every month. It’s part of transitioning to the next stage of life. It’s getting easier after dealing with bad symptoms for about 3-4 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.