Why this, why now

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today it has felt like my head is a whirlpool. I'm not edging towards the middle but everything is spinning in my head.

I've been on Fluoxetine for over 6 years and and weaning myself off very slowly with doc supervision. Am down to 30mg (from 40mg) since November last year.

Right now i really want to cry and feel so emotional but i don't know what about. Its such a horrible feeling. I last cried at my father's funeral last year but that anniversary has passed a few weeks ago now.

I want to cry but i can't. Help.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi QAcab

Thanks for your post. Trying to think logically, i think the reason for the wobble was probably because the next day i was having a cousins reunion and was dreading that there would be old pictures of our deceased parents. There were, not that i could look at any of them. I know time is a good healer for bereavement. Its 7 years since my mum died- this was the biggest shock for me as she rang my dad from the hospital after an op on the Friday to say she would be home on the Saturday and then had a massive heart attack the following day and hung on for 7 more days in a coma.

Dad was 92. He had come through cancer with radiotherapy and we knew it was only a matter of time, due to a dodgy heart, that old age would take him. I set myself the job of clearing out the family home that i was born in as this was therapy for me. But still, its only just over a year since he left us so that is still quite raw on my emotions.

No one prepares you on how to deal with the loss of loved ones but i'm getting there with support from you lovely people and professionals.

Thanks for posting.

MP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.