Widespread rash, not itchy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So yesterday at about 12.30pm I noticed a rash starting on the inside of my right wrist, my mum was Home at lunch and she said it might be from the hairband I had on my wrist.

Later that day around 3pm I noticed the rash was all over the inside of my thighs. At about 5pm my mum came home and I showed her, she told me to take an allergy tablet which I did. I didn’t notice any changes until this morning when I woke up and the rash has spread further down my legs and down my arms. 

I went to the doctors and he told me it was some hair follicle block up, which I don’t agree with as it’s on my wrists and inside of my arms. I’ve now noticed that the rash has gone up to the top of the inside of arms, hands, back of legs and back. The rash especially on my legs have got bigger and redder. 

The rash isn’t itchy or sore. No change in body wash, washing powder, perfume, etc. Before I got the rash I had been feeling sick for the last couple of days as well as a dry mouth

Anyone know what this is? I plan to get a second opinion tomorrow from the doctors but would rather it not spread any further especially to neck, face. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you experiencing any sort of stress in your life? Especially something you cant talk about? intense stress can cause a rash.

If you use them,have you removed the last tampon after your period?

• Posted

A red or pink rash that is smooth or slightly bumpy and doesn't itch could have many causes.

If it is all over your child's body (widespread) some possible causes include:

1. Viral illness (such as chickenpox, roseola, or measles)

2. Reaction to a medicine or vaccine (such as the antibiotic amoxicillin or a measles shot)

3. Heat or sun exposure (such as heat rash or sunburn)

4. A fever over 103°F (39.5°C) can cause a transient pinkness of the skin that may be blotchy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.