Wierd Dreams !

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on flu now for about 6 weeks and often have these weird dreams, bordering on nightmares. Some are grim and others are bearable but all jolly uncomfortable.

Has anyhone else suffered from the same thing. I am also on a mild dose of amitriptylene , so I :roll: am not absolutely sure if it is the Flu or the Amit:

If anyone has had similar side effects , I wold be pleased to hear.

Thanks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm back just to apologise for inexcusable spelling. For Wierd read Weird please. sorry !
  • Posted

Hi kayeff

Yep i had a spate of reality dreams at end of week 4. Not pleasant and can still remember them now. Usually had them around 4am. I'm approching week 6 in a couple of days.

• Posted

Thanks for coming back on this Meganpooch. I appreciate it. Mine occur about the same time and so it seems to the Flu's and not me having a funny turn? Although with an anxiety problem who is to say what a funny turn is !!!

I would be pleased to hear if anyone else has endured the same kind of thing though.

Thanks again.

• Posted

This thread was made for me...my dreams are INSANE! I am actually managing to construct complex situations, social structures and places completely from my imagination when i go to sleep at night..i didnt think i was that creative!!
  • Posted

Ive always had pretty random dreams, but they have certainly got more detailed as i approach week 2 (13th day). They've got to the point where I am having epic movie dreams every single night. It's very odd, quite amusing at times, but some are quite scary- last night dreamt that my boyfriend killed someone. It's all very odd. I am taking zopiclone aswel though, and I'm pretty sure these must add to me dreaming.
  • Posted

i also have always had pretty crazy dreams but since starting flu I have had very interupted sleep and partly because i wake up from horrid dreams

i think it must be an effect

• Posted

Thankyou for coming back on this post. Your response is much appreciated.

I don't think that there is too much doubt then that Fluoxitine causes anything from irregular sleep to unsettled dreams to nightmares . Whilst the tablets seem to do a good job for anxiety the side effects are often a cross to bear for the privelege.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has cracked this problem with any kind of a solution ! Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi there

I haven't had any weird/night terror dreams since week 4. Just the 3 mentioned in my earlier post. I don't take any sleeping tablets as i think 1 hard drug is enough for my system to cope with.

I do have a delicious 'sleep easy' herbal tea that has valerian and chamomile (relaxants) in it an hour before bedtime and this seems to work for me. Really, it doesn't taste like dishwater.

I do get disturbed sleep but no nasty dreams since (famous last words!)

Suppose i should think about going to bed now!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.