Wierd mouth symptoms

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does anyone suffer mouth problems? Since menopause my mouth has been affected, i remember scraping it once on hard food and the top of mouth had some blood blisters, I wondered what it was a first. My tongue feels abit wierd at times like its raised, like something has caused an allergy on it and part of my mouth seems dry!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

i get the dry mouth at times and it makes my tongue feel very odd, almost like sand paper.

• Posted

With the dry mouth do you get it all over or like me, it feels dry in certain areas like the corner of mouth?

• Posted

I had a sore tongue last week; but pleased to say this cleared up within a few days

• Posted

I get problems with my mouth and also sensitive teeth .

• Posted

Yes i went through a stage of sensitive teeth but that symptoms did pass

• Posted

it's so weird that this topic would come up today. I just come from the dentist and was told I have some bone loss. he said that it's very common in women going thru menapause. apparently our teeth get more sensitive and our mouth changes. gotta love this menapause crap!

• Posted

Yes my mouth feels very delicate, i ate a bag if crisps and my gums were very sore, i also have dry mouth and burning xx

• Posted

I feel that way! My gums and inside cheeks are very delicate that I even get anxiety at my teeth cleaning because I have delicate gums. I have to avoid eating anything crunchy because my gums get sore. I also have dry mouth and get "crusties" in the corners of my mouth because of it. Ugh.

• Posted

I get the dry mouth but is seems to be on just the left side?

• Posted

Yes it seems quite dry at the moment but only in part of my mouth which feels wierd, anothsr symptom to add i supppose, im four years post menopause and i still have things popping up!

• Posted

im 10 yrs post and still get things pop up to...was ok when my periods stopped didnt even know until i went dr after not having period for a yr at 42...

• Posted

hello:

i dont have mouth problems but I do have sensitive teeth like i have a tooth that bothers me a lot i went to 2 endo and have a root canal and 2 endo and multiples xrays, no fractures , im going in to retreat the tooth one year in this pain and i think is hormonal .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.