Wife is definitely gay...marriage is over this time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well probably not a great time to find out but my wife has pretty much decided now that she is gay.

It is very much more amicable this time, yet unfortunately, no less hurtful.

Things are very complicated, we have a joint mortgage and all sorts. I think it is a little too soon for me to cope with all that.

Not sure I've even accepted any of it, just gone in to my blank state as usual and posting on here smile All I do know is now I really am alone.

A frightening thought...

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can imagine this is overwhelming for you and like you said, it's too soon for you to cope with all that. I wish that I could say something comforting, but I don't think at this point much would help anyway. However, please don't think you are alone. If nothing else, you have us on this forum. We'll help you get through this. I know it's really tough right now, but please hang in there xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello chain_smoker. 

How sad I really feel for you and also your wife. I am glad that you and your wife remain on good terms and although it is hard I know you will understand her reasons and that this has been difficult for her too. Just because you are not together this does not mean that you cannot support each other and be friends (in time). It's never easy when the person you love does not love you back my thoughts are with you. Can you talk to your wife? By closing yourself off you will feel very alone or if not maybe family or a friend? we are always here for a chat on here. 

Lor xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm so sorry to hear this...divorce or separation is so painful. Stay strong and let me know how you are doing. People care. You aren't alone !
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you for all your kind replies. We moved to a new area as my wife had a troubled childhood and it made her feel safe so she is my best, and only friend really.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm really sorry for what you're going through. Do you have any family close by or anyone else? Are you thinking about staying here or maybe moving back? I guess there's a lot to consider and I'm sure it's overwhelming and impossible to even think about everything. Stay strong and try to deal with one thing at the time. I know it's easy for me to say and to be honest, I don't really know how I would deal with all this... One step at the time I guess and hope for the best. I like to believe that there's always something good in every painful situation. It usually just takes time to get to that point. Hang in there and please know that you're not alone and we're here for you and we care xx 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

you are not alone on this website. There is always someone to relate to you.  It is not your fault. It is just your wife expressing her feelings and emotions about her sexuality.  It must be a shock for you though so you have my sympathies.  Keep strong and it will all blow over and you can find someone else.

Richard

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up