will i be given them again?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello! I'm really worried because i started my first month of the pills, and all was going good, in 3 weeks i lost about 7 pounds...

but then christmas came!!

and i think now i will have probably only lost about 4 pounds, and i know this isn't good enough for a months work sad

will the doctor give me the tablets for another month or is the weight loss not enough? i really have been eating better, it was just christmas.

thanks smile

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Anyone? Please I'm really worried.
  • Posted

from reading on here it all depends on the Dr. I didn't think mine would give me any more on my last visit, initially because it was a Dr I had not seen before for these tablets and secondly I don't have that much more to lose. But she did and said that they would seriously review next time round.

Hopefully you will have an understanding Dr and I personally think any weight loss on these, where there hasn't been previously on other diets, you should get them for at least 6mths to get the hang of a new life style before they even consider taking people off them.

When is your appt? can you make sure that you stick to the diet from now to then to boost the loss, also bear in mind body shape can you say that you have noticed that changing as sometimes you don't lose weight but you loss fat so mass from the body.

• Posted

Thanks a lot for this smile

appointment is tomorrow morning!! I haven't been overeating until Christmas when it just got the better of me. My doctor seemed quite nice and I've told him nothing else was working and I can tell these are, I just hope he understands. Normally they don't take you off after a month do they, cause that's a bit unfair surely?

Thanks a lot.

• Posted

I hadn't lost much on my official weigh-in's the last two times, but I was able to tell my doctor that inches had gone, so he had no problem prescribing more and making a note on my record to that effect as well.

I'm sure they'll take christmas into account as well. Everyone faces the same problem whether they are on a diet or not, we're all human!

Hope it all goes well tomorrow.

• Posted

Oh really, where did you lose inches? smile

Thanks so much for this! I'm only 18 and have struggled with weight for a while so it's pretty scary, but I have lost an inch or so around my tummy so ill tell him that.

From what I've read on here you have to lose 5% of your weight in three months, so I hope he gives me a chance to do that!!

• Posted

Good luck for your weigh in

Surely they wont take them off you I was told you have to loose 5% IN 3 months and then total of 10% in 6 months.

Let us know how you get on

• Posted

It's all good everyone! I lost 5 pounds and he was happy being it Christmas and everything smile

thanks for all your support!!

• Posted

thats great news. Keep up the good work into the New Year
  • Posted

Well Done Sophie

With it being Christmas you have done well

Keep it up then the pounds and inches will continue to come off you. I wish I'd measured parts of my body when I started but I didn't want to know what they were but it would be interesting to see how many inches I've lost as it is a good insentive.

Keep ip up! :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.