will I ever feel like my old self?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone

I guess im at the peak of my anxiety/panic/depression..... I have just woken up at my usual time of 4am and of course cannot go back to sleep. I went to my gp last week and she thinks my symptoms are relative to anxiety. Ill list them

Very severe out of body. De personalisation. Feel like im dying panic attacks.

not feeling like myself 

leg shakes

Brain buzzing

Chills

Bursting into tears at random times

Built up gas and feeling nauseous

Waking at night. Cant go back to sleep. I feel worse at night really really bad at night. Im anxious when I drive home from work but I cant pin point an exact reason

forgetfulness

all these symptoms felt like they came on in one afternoon.

im currently on my 4th day of 10mg prozac

And these symptoms have got way worse . Which the doc said would. But for how long.  I feel like im loosing my mind. Its awful for my family to see me like this. I miss my old self. Does anyone else feel their symptoms are worse at different times of the day. ? Its so strange sometimes for 2 hours I can feel normal but then all of a sudden im a blubbering confused mess...........

I took lsd for the second time nearly two weeks ago only a quarter and had "a good trip" but now I keep thinking is it the lsd that has caused me to feel like this.  Causing so much anxiety. ?

please help sad 

0 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have all these experiences that you are having. Sometimes it seems like it mostly only happens at night but now it comes at anytime of the day. I work at a call center so what sucks is if it hits me while I'm on the phone at work and I have to bare through it and wait until the call finishes to run off the the rest room and let the panic attack subside. I take xanax sometimes to help with this when it occurs. Or I'll just take deep breaths and drink water and tell myself it's all in my head. Usually this help. Lately I've had a hard time even convincing myself I'm okay. They've been getting the best of me lately and I am up to taking 2 mlg of Xanax a day. Which is not something I want to have to do. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

I have all these experiences that you are having. Sometimes it seems like it mostly only happens at night but now it comes at anytime of the day. I work at a call center so what sucks is if it hits me while I'm on the phone at work and I have to bare through it and wait until the call finishes to run off the the rest room and let the panic attack subside. I take xanax sometimes to help with this when it occurs. Or I'll just take deep breaths and drink water and tell myself it's all in my head. Usually this help. Lately I've had a hard time even convincing myself I'm okay. They've been getting the best of me lately and I am up to taking 2 mlg of Xanax a day. Which is not something I want to have to do. 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

They are classis anxiety symptoms and wouldn't say anything to do with the lsd, but they do not mix well and would say dont take it again.

Prozac dose you are on is very low, but it will cause some side effects. From experience, i would say ask your GP for some betablockers to help with the ramped up anxiety you will be suffering due to starting the prozac.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Definitely don't have any intention to do lsd again..... smile 

I do have to go up to 20mg of prozac after a week on 10mg so hopefully it will start to work soon. Thanks for the reply

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I retired from my company in 2001, and went off road in 2008, this is 2014 and each night at 6-8pm when I normally would be shutting down or getting in off road I get sevier anxiety attacks, - funny can set a watch by it, but after doing it for 30 years guess it is what it is
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emma,

I hope you're well.

Like you, I made the mistake of trying a drug some weeks ago and have triggered what I believe to be an anxiety disorder.

I fall to sleep easily but wake up every hour after sleeping, I constantly feel detached, in a dreamy like state (I can only describe it as everything looks normal but doesn't feel normal).

I'm the other side of the world away from my family and friends, and dealing with this alone can be so lonely. Like you, I will never make the mistake of taking a drug again but I'm now dealing with the consequences and want to know when they're going to stop. Feel like I've suffered enough. The first week after taking the drug I was terrible, in a right state, I felt like I was stuck in a trip but have gradually got better each day. I still do not feel like myself at all though, and at night feel twice as bad! I just want to be back to the bubbly girl I was the day before I took the drug.

We all make mistakes though, know that you're not alone, keep your chin up smile xx

xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for replying.  I take relief that there are others going through the same thing. Are you on any meds? If so how long did they take yo work. ? Hope your ok.  I really feel for you having to go through this yourself xxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My mum has been a councillor for 15 years and recommended I ask the doc to prescribe me a low dose of Citalopram, so I did last night and whilst he was reluctant, he did give me a prescription for 10mg course. However I've read up on lots of reviews on here, and am hesitant to start them, I don't want to get worse before I get better. I go to Thailand in three weeks and should be so excited, but I'm more worried than anything being that it's a none english speaking country and I don't want anything to happen to me whilst I'm there. I do try and keep myself busy though, I exercise every night which makes me feel better and also more tired for bed so I sleep a little better, it's not a cure though! I have also downloaded a meditating app on my phone called 'Smiling Mind', I haven't started it yet but it's worth a try to see if it can calm the mind? My main problem is I'm constantly thinking, for the last three weeks I don't think there has been an hour in a day where I haven't been thinking about all this stuff? My mind is constantly ticking over, is yours? Do you have the feeling of being detached, like in a dreamy like state (everything looking normal but doesn't feel normal to you?). xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes thats my main worry with all this is the feeling of detachment it's so hard to explain aye........yeah and nothing feels normal at times . I can start to feel normal then after a couple of hours it sneaks back and BAM I feel awful again sad  its like a vicious cycle of my day ....
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I can completely relate to that, sometimes I feel fine too and forget about it but then it comes back... I think the lack of sleep I'm getting and the amount I'm thinking about it is really getting me down, and it's leading to slight depression now, always seem to have a frog in my throat and well up at the slightest thing! Always comment on here if you ever want someone to talk about it smile Take care xxxx
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah at the moment I feel so much better than I did last night.  Its bizarre . Fingers crossed I feel as good when I wake up. Hopefully not at 3am. Thanks itz so helpful talking about it. Xxx take care
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up