Will i ever feel normal again?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Im suffering from anxiety for about a years now. It started out with a few sporadic panic attacks and 4 days without sleep because of heart palpitations. i seen doctors many times and done blood test and ECG everything came back normal. Doctor said im having horrible anxiety. Just recently, it's gotten incredibly worse. I feel anxious everyday. My heart beats irregularly and fast. I tense all my muscles. I have a hard time concentrating. I have a hard time sleeping, which makes me tired all the time. I have a hard time swallowing, to the point where sometimes I actually can't. I feel like I am going to faint. I think I am going to die. I fear something horrible is going to happen. I try to concentrate on my breathing, but it only seems to make it worse! Most of all I FEEL SO WIRED and Confused and im very scared of this feeling!! I feel like something is seriously wrong with me. All negative thoughts mess in my head.I tend to be a fairly social person, but as of late, I am becoming more and more withdrawn. I talk with my friends about it in hopes that they won't think I am crazy. The seem to be supportive, but I don't think that they can really understand the totality of what I am going through. I try to avoid things that trigger panic, but it seems as though everything seems to trigger panic at this point! It would just be nice to have someone to talk to who understands. I fear that this is my life now forever and it's making me depressed, angry, and embarrassed. I want this to go away!!! I just want to feel "normal" again!!!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oh.i forgot to say

Im 21 years old male

• Posted

I’m the exact same, you’ve taken the words out of my mouth. It’s the most horrible

Thing ever! Message me 

• Posted

I am going through the same thing horribly. Cant sleep at all heart pounds. All I can fo is pray it goes away. I am usong xanax and Ambien without much luck. I get maybr 5 hours sleep but it is something. I seriously at my wits end.
    • Posted

I’m on propranolol atm for mine and it’s helping to take the physical anxiety symptoms away but mentally anxiety symptoms are still so badsad
    • Posted

I dont feel my heart pound unti i close my eyes to sleep. I am seeing my dr again next weel i will ask about what uou are taking. That is a beta blocker right
    • Posted

Yeah it’s a beta blocker and it’s honestly helped me so much with heart palpitations and shaking and sweats! You defiantly should try it if you suffer with heart anxiety etc xx
    • Posted

I will for sure I want to sleep so bad. Praying so for that. Take care.
    • Posted

Exact same thing happen to me. Whenever i close my eyes to sleep i feel my heart pound and also shallow breathing, i can't catch my breath. So when it happens i do 4 7 8 breathing exercise to calm myself down somehow

• Posted

I used to take beta blocker and besides that anti depressant and sleep med. But didn't work well for me.

• Posted

Thats a good question and the answer is yes it will take time and its not without the odd relapse ive suffered for longer than i care to remember and for a while felt like id got myself back to me but lately ive slipped back to the panicking terrorfide wreck i had almost forgotten. There are triggers that can be avoided amd others that will just jump out and bite you. But just remember your not alone in any of this and hey whats "normal" anyway? 😊

• Posted

Thanks

Actually i feel I'm not the same as before. Most of the time i feel so wired and Confused. it seems that something bad has happened or going to happen. Somehow i try to relax in this state as much as i can. Some times it's hard for me to relax.

• Posted

I get that trust me ive had that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach and cant understand why which make the anxiety worse its a vicious cycle. Meds do help but the biggest help for me is knowing im not the only one and neither are you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.