Will I get better ??

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi i have been on mirtazapine for a few months now started off on 15 mg at first thought they were wonderfull however after few weeks depression and stress crept in again  put drug up to 21 mg not much better. went to see doctor two weeks ago  he put them up to 30 mg saw him yesterday told him I felt  better.My friends say they see a difference inme however got up this morning and I have cryed all day is this going to stop . I have a great GP he is always there for me  as I have medical problems.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine by consensus in my humble opinion ..and experience IS like the weather ..in so far as one day or one week there can be plain sailing and then almost with little or no warning a 'lousy' day or period hits! This is particularly true when coming off the drug ...as reported by many ( but not all) who have tried to or have weened off it.

My advice? ..keep a daily diary of your feelings/emotions/behaviour/thoughts etc etc. Uselful for monitoring its effects on YOU as an individual ...and for feeding back to GP so he/she can assess effectiveness etc.

Let us all know how you feel tomorrow please..

Regards and much peace!

• Posted

Karl, david, mermaid, Calmer46 and pixie Thank you for your advice.  Yesterday and today feel a bit better.  Its good to know Im not alone and there are people out there I can turn too. I have been like this in the past but so long ago I forgot how horendous depression can make you feel however I got there before and will do it again. probably with your and docs help.THANKS
    • Posted

Weeyin ...sincerely with all my heart ..I hope this is the beginning of a new happier peaceful and healthier future...you are absolutely right ..depression is horrendous!! Truly so!

Peace

• Posted

Hello! Karl has presented you with sage (wise) advice. Anyone with health issues would do well to keep a journal to refer to, and to show your doctor! Good Luck, David
  • Posted

Yes things will get better darling. 

Maybe Mirtazapine is not the only AD you need. There are combinations out there that can make the world of a difference!

I feel you. I thought last year that things would never get better... even early this year. And then I was put on a cocktail of sertraline, bupropion and mirt and I feel myself again. Better than ever before.

Your cocktail may be different ,but I am sure your GP will be able to help or have you see a psychiatrist who is familiar with more medications that can help you.

• Posted

What you describe sounds very much to me like the natural progression of recovery from depression. It isn't smooth, you get some better times, some so-so times and then a little step back but gradually the good times get longer. Every improvement is a positive, even if it is followed by a down time. Just my view. Mirtazapine worked for me, but it wasn't all plain sailing. Your GP is the best one to advise you.

I wish you strength - you can get through it.

Pixie

• Posted

Hello Weeyin,

You are not alone, you will get better and tomorrow you may well be feeling a lot better - this Mirt' has a weird effect - one thing is for sure - when you have a good nights' sleep Mirt works for you, if you suddenly have added stress in your life, feel over-tired causing you to have a bad's night sleep, the next day it seems twice as bad as if you're not on the remedy at all, HOWEVER then a good night sleep comes along and you're up again.

Crying is a good sign that you are getting "stuff" shifted out of your system - Mirt' has the opposite effect on me - numbs me from emotion really.

I wish you well, keep in touch & hope tomorrow is a better day x

• Posted

Hi.  I was prescribed Mirtazapine 15 mg about a 18 months ago and it was fantastice for about three months.  Then it stopped working so my GP upped it to 30 mg and then 45 mg neither of which worked.  I had been on 75 mg Venlafaxine for 11 years but it suddenly stopped working.

I asked my doctor if I could go and see a Psychiatrist and she prescribed 15 mg of Mirt and 150 mg Ven. I was dubious about this as both had stopped working.  However she said that sometimes they're not so good singly but as a combination they were usually very good.  That was last July and I am completely back to normal now and that was in less than a week.  I couldn't believe it when one morning I woke up without that awful feeling I always had.  I don't know where you live though you sound as if you may be a Scot.  I used to live in Scotland and that was a word they would use.  If you are in GB I would ask your GP if you can see a Psychiatrist as they are the experts in drugs.  Anyway I do hope you start to feel better soon.

Pat

• Posted

thank you for your advice I am feeling a bit better but still have that horid feeling first thing in morning as I said in my post I have a great doctor and if things dont get better i will ask to see a Psychiatrist. Hopefully I am on the mend only time will tell. p.s. I am a scot. thanks again iwill keep in touch let all know how thing go. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.