will it be ok..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm taking 50mg of sertraline daily, & am wondering if it will be ok to use tramadol at the same time, ( for back pain ) got an appointment with my gp in the morning but could realy do with some pain relif today, anyone used these two drugs together, & was it ok for you,?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No, they shouldn't really be taken together. Although the interaction isn't dangerous as such it will increase the side effects of both medications and could result in you feeling really unwell. My advice is to try to cope with just paracetamol or ibuprofen until you see your GP.
    • Posted

Thank you roximi,

The tramadol makes me feel sick anyway, so REALLY dont need to be taking it ontop of other meds if its going to react bad.

• Posted

Hi restart, I take 100mgs to150mgs of SERTRALINE DAILY...I also take 400mgs of TRAMADOL daily... ( also CO-CODAMOL ) ....I have to say that I have never ever had a problem.... I also take 300mgs of PREGABALIN daily, like you for pain relief... I have absolutely no side effects whatsoever.. except...reduced pain... I hope you keep well, take care, Deirdre...xx
    • Posted

Hi deirdre, thanks for your reply..

Ok, well the reduced pain is what I'm after so has to be worth a go, maybe I'l go with 50-75mg & see how things go.

I also have pregabalin=75mg caps, but they give me really bad ringing in my ears & as I also have tinitus its just too much for me, seems I can take the pregabalin for a week before the ringing starts then have to stop, so get withdrawles from them, not so bad after only a week but on top of other things its just a downer I could do without.

Take care..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.