Will my anxiety go over time

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've just started a new job in the past 6 weeks. I had no experience so it is totally new to me. I am enjoying the job apart from the anxiety that I'm feeling. I'm fighting this daily.

I'm now waking invite night with a pounding heart & negative thoughts to do with the job.

Any idea how I can reduce the level of anxiety without prescription drugs

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jenette25 , is there anyone there you see as a friend that you may tell them how your feeling , you always feel better when you talk to someone even on a break ring family or a good friend , also take a paper bag with you an go the toilet deep breaths into the bag I feel for you get better soon xxx
    • Posted

Hi jayne thank you for your reply.

My husband is my rock he texts me through out the day.

Telling me to keep calm, breath etc. He is s great support.

I'm sure & hoping my anxiety will become less over powering with time.

I'm taking a day at a time. Getting through my work shift is hard but I'm doing it

It'll not let this beat me.

Hope all good with you x

• Posted

Anxiety is different for everyone, as is the reason why it appears, it's often not related entirely to current events, those may just be triggers for a longer standing set of issues. Therapy is a good non medicated approach, meds are an option for those who want them, but they aren't essential

• Posted

Have you tried yoga? It teaches breathing, mediation, focus and good body movement  to release tension. That and theraoy together hooefully can calm you a bit. Its a state of mind kind of thing you have to maintain to forge thru this. Easier said then done. You kind of need to find what resinates with you. It will be a lifetime thing if left unmanaged. It is a mangeabke thing most of the time, not always. Sometimes you have to let it wash thru you. It really depends in how and why you have it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.