Will Prozac help with these symptoms??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I've been suffering from anxiety and depression for 5 months and was prescibed Prozac yesterday. I wanted to know if anyone had similar symptoms to me that have been eased by prozac. My major symptoms are: morning panic attacks, diarrhea, constant butterflies in the stomach, low appetite, fear of time running out, fear of dying, and meaningless/hopelessness! I know its long... haha! Any advice/comments?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Julian,

I am on flux for 3 and half weeks and I thought the awful side effects would never go away, but last night I actually wanted to watch a film on tv, where as before I had no interest in anything at all. The anxiety has gone, may be not permanent, but I feel normal again. I was worrying my family and friends. Hang on in there, it will subside.

D 😊

• Posted

That's amazing! On day 4, constant butterflies but I can at least walk without feeling like a zombie like I have for awhile!
  • Posted

Hi Julian,

I hope you are starting to feel much better. Your symptoms sound very similar to mine and I was prescribed flux for anxiety 6 days ago. I noticed a slight improvement almost straight away (unless it was a placebo effect). The phrase "Hold that thought" suddenly became possible!

Could I just ask your advice: 

my GP didn't give any advice as to what time of day to take it and I seem to be waking up about 3am, wide awake. I've been taking it 5pm and I wondered whether it was due to the timing. 

Have you experienced anything similar and if so, do you think taking it at a different time would help? 

Thank you and best wishes for a speedy recovery smile

• Posted

My doctor told me specifically to take it in the morning so it doesn't disrupt sleep! I've been feeling better too, intrusive thoughts are gone and I am not very depressed, but anxiety is still awful in the morning sad but it has gotten better! Only on day 7
    • Posted

Oh Julian thank you so much for replying so quickly, much appreciated. That's great to hear the advice about disrupted sleep, I will try taking it in a morning instead. 

Yes, it's still early days. To be honest, my GP said I wouldn't feel any benefit for 6 weeks, so I guess we're pretty lucky. 

​Fingers crossed for you and thanks again smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.