Will the burning on side of throat ever go away?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am just feeling desperate. The burning on side of throat is unbearable I dont know what else to do. I am starting to feel extremely depressed now. I try to stay calm. The burns only temp go away in the morning and afternoon starts the burn starts for me too much to bear. I dont know what else to do. It is only one side of throat.I am currently on omeprazole.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Tina my mouth is so dry in the morning, and sore, its getting to a stage now where I'm afraid of the night time, I suffer from anxiety and stress, have done all my life, due to abuse as a child, again doctors not remotely interested, iv gone from drinking, eating anything, to no appetite at all unless I have a few beer's, I'm retired so I'm not under pressure of getting up early morning, I'm so knackered after lack of sleep. 

• Posted

I had (still sort of) a one sided throat pain, it started I think after I was drinking a lot of tea to help with something going on in my mouth which was at night I did this so I would then lay down and it would all splash up onto my vocal cords and burn them, I remember it started out really faint and and after about two weeks it started hurting bad but it was like a dull yet painful ache under my jaw and would transfer in my throat, I was having a lot of social anxeity out of nowhere when this was happening as well so it may have been a bad case of anxiety I'm not sure, I know that when I would wake up itd be gone and mostly gone when I would lay down so it could have been tension from my shoulders and neck I occured due to the anxiety, I would stretch every single day and would try so many different remedies. I would getting really sad and depressed over this, after around four or five months it started dying down day by day then spike up again it was annoying, my diet is strict right now I'm thinking it has died down maybe cus I cut a lot of things out, don't eat fast food, oily foods unless it's with olive oil, gluten is a big one talk about feeling good after cutting that out, no dairy cus it's very hormonal and has lots of sugar (lactose) very little acidics and lot of self help videos on YouTube to try and stay positive in this world. I pray a lot.. and try to keep my mind off my prpblems. Your body mimics things that aren't there it's very powerful when you let it. I don't know what all has almost diminished my throat problems it's either one of those and I would start with your diet. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Devon, the mind/brain is a seriously strong organ, iv suffered over 50 plus years!!!!!!  I go to the doctor who gives me a new tablet! One tablet and next day? I felt normal!!!!!  Just for one day! Mind over matter, then down hill again, is my acid reflux in the mind? 
  • Posted

Hi Tina,  If you buy some ph balanced water that will help you a lot. Try and find water with a ph of 8 to 10. That will kill any pepsin that may be in your throat causing you pain. I went on the Acid Watchers Diet and that helped a lot. There's a support group online under that name too. It has you follow a healing phase with a list of foods that are good to eat that will help you heal. The healing phase is for 28 days. Then you go into the next phase where you add more food back into your diet. My throat was really bad and this helped a lot. If you can use slippery elm that helps too if you'll mix it into warm water. It coats the throat and stomach.  I hope this helps!!

• Posted

Hi Tina, I've stopped drinking coffee or any hot beverage, if you drink one of these, try stopping for a while and see what happens. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.