Will the emergency room give you a ct scan of the abdomen?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I am having pain in the abdomen and pressure. Not sure if it is due to my anxiety related or not. It is messing with my health anxiety bad...do you know if they will scan or what they will do for pain in the abdomen at the emergency room...?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

they didnt do nothing for me. just sent me home with omporazole and told me it was anxiety. the nhs are crap

• Posted

it honestly depends on the doctor and if your a frequent flyer and the severity of your pain and location. did you end up going?? I hope all is well!

• Posted

I havent gone yet but i plan too soon! I'll update here when I do 😃 I want them to do a scan cause if they dont my health anxiety will not stop..

• Posted

i definitely hear you there. I have been fighting my health anxiety for 4 days now without trying to run to the ERcurrently I'm obsessed with blood clots right now and have had extreme lower calf pain now and of course my regular doctor doesn't want to scare me because he knows I have health anxiety but I too won't stop until I get it tested

• Posted

Hi Chelsea

It probably depends on the doctor and your symptoms. When I went to the emergency room complaining of stomach pains and pressure/burning, they just told me to take gaviscon and make an appointment with my GP who then prescribed omeprazole.

Hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.