will this ever end?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so I'm 2weeks into my increased dose now of 20mg although there is improvements I've now developed intense random pains in my head is this normal? My vision still goes abit blurred n I feel like flexing squeezing sensations of the brain also, my anxiety is always hard to cope with in the mornings and I feel my thoughts r all over the place n just can't feel happy, evenings r much better, but will this ever level out i feel like I dread the days and just wishing my life away sad

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

These side effects will ease off ..... initially when starting on the medication or increasing your doseage, it's very common to feel like this.  I remember my head buzzed, like an electric current passing through it, vision was blurry, couldn't sleep, my anxiety increased big time and my thoughts raced.  Very scary.  Like you mornings were dreadful, and I felt better by the evening.  2 weeks is still quite early days, but your nearly there ....... keep on and this should ease.  

K xx confused

• Posted

Hi..having just come off citalopram I can say that the headaches and eye pain are worse the longer you are on them ...though this is only my experience..having taken nearly all SSRI'S I honestly think these tabs are the worst and definetly the hardest to withdraw 
    • Posted

Don't mean to frighten you ..but if I'd known what it would be like to come off them I would never have started on them ..but we are all different and it's your body your decision
    • Posted

I've been on Citralopram for over 10 years and have been on others before this.  I've come off them before and found the withdrawal unpleasant, but bearable and no different to others.  Being on this meds for so long, it didn't have any worse affect on me than if I'd taken them for a short time.  It has to be done so very, very gradually - reducing the doseage by 5mg each time, allowing your body to adjust, then reducing again by the same amount until you're off them.  I was also well for a long time meds free, but serious family illness and the stress of it all made me decide to take again, and when all has settled down I'll come off them again.

Everone has different experiences - there are many SSRI's and each one is tailored to suit different people.  We all react differently.  Citralopram was the 3rd medication I tried before finding it was the one for me.

k xx

• Posted

Hey, I agree with you, I went on them for depression but was so sick trim the side effects, I came off them, especially as reading what it is like to come off them. Doctors do not emphasise the effects going on and coming off them. I moved to,councelling and sleeping tablets which worked better for me... Yes still depressed but get a good night sleep without the nightmares and force myself to eat well and exercise. Still don not want to see or talk to people thought, cheerful people p*ss me off ! Lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.