will this get better???

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 1 yr ago i was told i had Anxiety...couldn't sleep, chest pain, arm pain, heartburn, not myself, Dr gave me meds, i took them then we went off them. about 6 weeks ago it all started again but this time way intense, i have had EKG, blood work, all comes back good. I am still concerned. Was put back on the same meds, (Flouxtine) but things are just more intense one day i feel great the next 3 not so good. tired, chest pains, heartburn, arms burn, pain in back, dryheaves every morning, jaw pains etc i could just go on and on.....is all of this normal, will it get better. Any thoughts on how to get through this??????

thank you in advanced

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

I was wondering the same thing only im on sertraline and ive still be having panic attacks and cold sweats... Ive been having a terrible time sad

The only thing is keep ringing your doctor to see if there is anything they can give you...

My doctor gave me diazepam...

To calm me down...

Haven't took any yet

Take care x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Tracy. What happened a year ago for you to be told you had anxiety? If you had trouble taking the meds prescribed then they are not going to help you now. I think you need help. I suggest you return to your GP and tell him the meds aren't working and can he prescribe anything else. If he seems reluctant or disinterested. Try and see an alternative doctor either at the same practice or move elsewhere.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Dear Tracey,

I agree with the responses in that you need to find good medical support, but you must also look after yourself by taking small steps to make yourself feel better. Setting small measurable and achievable goals each day will enable you to feel better about yourself, rather than focussing on your symptoms of stress. Take some exercise like going out for a walk, to see positve movements in your environoment and try to stay positive in everything you do. Medications will help, but they will not help completely. You must learn to try to control your thinking by forcing yourself to stay positive. The medications should help lift your mood so that you can start to make the positive steps towards controlling your environment. Surround yourself people that can help you, so that you are not pulled down further.

I wish you luck!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi tracy

What happened if anything that caused the anxiety

also what meds

Did he give you first time did they work ? and why did you stop taking them

Thanks in advance

Daz

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

my mother had a stroke and lives in a nursing home, she is paralixed on her right side(no walking, no talking but her mind is still there) i had a lot of guilt cause i wanted her to have her heart checked out and this did this procedure and she had a stroke.

Flouxitine i am on...tried zoloft had an allergic reaction. we stoppepd taking them cause the dr thought i was better i was for about 7 months.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up