Will this stiffness ever go?

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am almost 6 mths post op from TRKR I just cannot get any relief from continuing stiffness am doing all the exercising and massaging but nothing helps, beginning to think am stuck with this for evermore

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This blog is just what I need! I am 4 weeks post-op of my TKR, and am progressing on schedule according to my PT.  However, I wasn't prepared for the sleepless nights and exhaustion. I do my exercises, go out to lunch with a friend, and have to come home and take a nap. I don't have much of an appetite and my knee is always stiff. It's good to know I'm not alone and can check in with all of you with questions!

• Posted

Hi diane, I'm 7 weeks post op and I totally agree with u with night time sleeping. Lately the only thing that has worked somewhat for me is that I take 2 percocets and robaxin which is a muscle relaxer together and after bout 30 mins to an hr it kicks in and I can get some sleep. When that wears off I take 2 ibuprofen and lie on my back and sleep as best as I can. Sometimes I'll watch tv and ice at the same time...gl I hope it gets better for u

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.