Will this suffering ever stop?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi,

I understand and respect there are people out there far worse off than myself, but please someone help.

I've suffered with anxiety attacks since my dad died 6 years ago when I was 15 years old. It now seems as if it's just getting worse and more uncontrollable!

I have now been given Pregabilin, which I've been taking religiously for around 3 weeks now, but I still feel so anxious and so ill. I've had all the tests and the doctors all say the same thing, that "it's just anxiety" but I honestly can't take anymore of this torment. I'm constantly convinced I have a brain tumour or some sort of cancer. I'm always dizzy, burning up, having a racing heart, sweaty, my body feels weak, short of breath and then I start getting pains in my head. It just won't go.

I'm now sitting up at 3am, trying to just finally find some real answers.

Thank you

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Same exact way I'm feeling I keep thinking something is seriously wrong with me I'm laying in bed right now and I feel extra weird , my head keeps getting the sharp shooting pains in it , I feel weak like nauseous, my vision is playing tricks.on me , I'm so tired or this sadness like that's so sad

• Posted

Hiya. My vision was really bothering me a few weeks ago, right after my panic attacks slowed down. I even went to my GP because I think I must have something wrong, and he did some standard tests for abrasions and what not. Here's what I did that finally helped - I started taking allergy meds (generic pills, one a day for seasonal allergies) and I started drinking tons more water. Anxiety can actually dehydrate you, even your eyes! You can also try eye drops and stay away from your computer or phone screen at night. Eye strain can make it worse. Hope you feel better smile 

• Posted

I can relate. I have had off and on anxiety for a long time but there are times that it reaches a really bad state. I have experienced every symptom you can think of. Day to day is a struggle. The meds I have tried have only made things worse so I only taking a sleeping aide to sleep a little which is still only 6 hours per night. I am miserable most of the time but I try to focus on the good moments that I have throughout the day. You are not alone in the struggle. Please let me know if you find something that works for you or reach out to me for support at any time.
    • Posted

Thanks.so Much I need to grab some eyes drops again Dr says I do have dry eyes , I work at a computer 8 hours a day 5 days a week and of course these phones are always in our faces lol
    • Posted

Thank youbsylvia in always like to talk to someone who understands my struggles everyday its a new symptom of makes me so.sad I cry a lot because I'm always scared thinking something is seriously wrong with me

• Posted

My goodness! It sounds like you've had a rough few years, friend. It is really annoyng when people tell me that all the stuff I experience "is just anxiety", but they're not wrong -- it is the anxity that is causing my issues, and your issues too. The problem is with the word "just". Anxiety isn't as simple as some people think, and it doesn't go away easily. It causes real symptoms and can easily take over your life. Which is why the best thing you can do is therapy mixed (arguably) with medication, followed by tons of self-care. Sometimes the meds need to be adjusted and changed, it happens. But the therapy & self-care are super important. Be patient with yourself, but also be proactive about seeking the help you need to get better. If you ever need to chat we're all usually around smile 

Peace xxx 

• Posted

Most medicines require 4-6 weeks to fully kick in. If you feel it is not helping then I would try another medacine I take citalopram my sister in law takes Zoloft. You are young and healthy believe it! It will eventually pass! Have you tried therapy?
  • Posted

SONNIEJ

Give the medication a further two or three weeks, to work. If your a so unhappy however talk to your GP, the problem however is every time you change these drugs you may have the same  problems 

BOB

• Posted

Hi sonniej smile first off...it doesn't matter if others have had it worse than you...you are having a bad time and you shouldn't feel bad or guilty for that. It is ok to feel bad.

I think the first thing that you need to do is see your doctor. Coming here seems like the first step you have taken in reaching out for help, your next is your doctor and they will be able to advise you on seeking therapy. Medication can only do so much, especially as your anxiety is caused by an under lining issue (losing your dad.) you need help with this... It will be ok.

You can use this forum whenever you like - please know you aren't alone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.