Wisdom tooth

Posted , 2 users are following.

Need some help guys!!

Removed my wisdom tooth a week ago and I've dealt with pain I've never experienced in my life even after giving birth alone! I'm not down one who normally at a headache but now it's constant I can't eat I feel soo weak the back of my throat feels soar since last night. I'm dealing with extreme neck pain (back left) I'm bathed in muscle soap tried massages I haven't sleep a single need for over 4 hours. I'm not the type to ever ever take meds I've tried Nurofen to ibruprofen I'm literally dependant on pain killers I don't know how to deal with the pain and my jaw is aching ...I went to the dentist to check up on the recovery and everything's fine but I discovered I have another wisdom tooth which I need to remove as soon as I recover. (can u imagine). Any advice????

0 likes, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally,

sorry you are in so much pain!

Did the dentist take the wisdom tooth out or was it in hospital?  Something is obviously not right for you to have so much pain like this.

The dentist should send you to hospital for further checks to find out whats causing so much pain and even though you dont like taking painkillers you may need something stronger to help manage the pain, like some codeine from the Dr.

It shouldnt hurt so much after wisdom tooth extraction and you may have to nag the dentist to get somewhere, I am currently in pain too from my jaw, TMJ, so can empathise with you so much!

I hope they find an answer for you soon, but do ask for some stronger painkillers eeven though you said you dont like taking them.

Good luck Sally and best wishes.

Do let us know how you get on.

Take care

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you. My headache has actually stopped now it's just the pressure on my others from the next wisdom tooth I need removed soon and the neck pain is just terrible and my throat is still soar i don't even believe doctors will help I don't like my body getting amune to medication I've always had to pull through and honestly I'm just getting new symptons now. But I will go to doc when I honestly believe I need to be on strong medication it's just a last resort for me. I choose home remedies. Thanks you

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Sally,

OK good luck with it all and hope the other wisdom tooth extraction doesnt cause so much trouble.

Let me know what home remedies work for you, they may work for me and others too.

Take care and best wishes

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up