With drawing from vagifem.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on Femoston conti for three years,and now the doctor has put me on Vagifem.I now find I am suffering with stomach cramps and pelvic pain. As any one else suffered let this I would love to know.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennyann can I ask why the dr took you off fem con I have just started it after heavy bleeding with 2 other types of oral hrt? Don't know about vagifem but became really irritated with Ovestin vaginal hrt.

Will be watching your post hope you get some answers soonsmile

Loui

• Posted

Hi Rhino.

Thank you for your reply.I was taken off Femoston conti simply because I have reach the age of sixty, but I needed something to help with vagina dryness so was put on vagifem.

• Posted

Hi Jennyann.  I am in the same boat.  I started a few weeks back on estoril cream and put up with it for two weeks but ended up having to stop as it was just causing me so much pain/irritation  mainly with my bladder and uretha. Basically just making all the symptoms that i already have much worse.

Then he recently started me on Vagifem.. i could only put up with that for 5 days and then had to stop using it at the weekend  due to the same problem, burning, bladder spasm, frequency , pelvic pain and bloating with cramps.

I'm stuck now as my Gyne is on holiday and I have no idea what I should do. Went to the doctors this morning and they were no help.

• Posted

Hi Caroline

It's nice to know I am not alone. When I told my GP about the awful cramps and stomach pain she total dismissed the idea it could be the Vagifem and advised me to continue with the treatment. Took one  more dose still In agony,  so I spoke to a different doctor and was told to come off it immediately.So I have been off it two weeks now and the pain is starting ease.

• Posted

Hi jennyann

Can I ask how old you are please?  I'm 44.

So that is two lots of topical estregen over the last few weeks that have only made my symptoms much worse with added pelvic cramping pain and upset tummy/nausea... it does make me wonder it really does.

Afew people have mentioned to me about endometriosis as a possibility and the fact that feeding estregen only makes endo symptoms 100 times worse.  I'm having the laporoscopy in two weeks with the gyne I've been seeing.  It does make me wonder if there is something else going on  like Endo  then why on earth would the gyno be giving me Estrgen to use which only makes matters worse???

My blood tests for hormones the FSH was only slightly elevated he said but on that basis he thinks I am hitting the change??  but my regular doctor has seen the results and doesn't think I am going through the change and was surprised when she heard that the gyne thought I was

I am totally baffled and it makes me wonder do any of them know what they are doing?

• Posted

HI Caroline.

I am sixty and that is the reason the doctor took me off the Femoston. I agree with you it seems one size fits all but that's not the case. Can I ask do you get irritation down below I have had this for 5 years and still cannot solve the problem. I am due to see a dermotologist at the end of the month. Hope she has the answer.

• Posted

Hi Jennyann

The irritation I have been getting has been going on since January  but it is more bladder/uretha irrtitation, which my gyne is saying is all combined with hormones etc.

I'm not going to know anymore until I have the laparoscopy...

will keep you posted biggrin

• Posted

Hi Jennyann, I had no irritation or tenderness with the other 2 types of HRT - have slight irritation just now - but only one month with the Femoston Conti so hope it will settle down and be as wonderful as the other 2 were (until I started to bleed heavily) Out of curiosity did you take asprin along with the Fem Con? Is 60 an age that one must stop HRT, I am 54? Sorry this is not addressing your question, have read people had good results with Ovestin, I did not personally for the same reasons you are having with Vagimensad This is all so frustrating for us all.

Thank you for your repliessmile

Loui 

• Posted

Hi Rhino,

The answer to your question ? did I take asprin  and the answer is no.The reason I came off Fem Con was,you have a larger risk of getting cancer after the age of sixty.

• Posted

Hi Jenny can I ask if you recall having an irritation to the Femoston Conti when you commenced it some three years ago?

Having awful irritation and hope it subsides soon?

How is the Vagifem going - hope you are having some success?

Thank you,

Louismile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.