Withdrawal from mirtazapine after 5 days on 3.75mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello, i was put on 3.75 mg mirtazapine for depression, with the dosage to be increased gradually. i took the medicine for only 5 days because i found that it caused jerks in my body, kind of like an electric shock.i stopped from yesterday. after that I couldn't sleep and today i feel more anxious than usual. I am already taking clonazepam for anxiety and panic.

Can this medicine cause withdrawal in symptoms when taken for such a short period and at such a low dose? Please help me, please do.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

no it cant . that dose it too low and 5 days wont have made any difference . id also say that it is unlikely the "jerks" you experienced were due to this. its way below the therapuetic dose which is 15mg

• Posted

anything is possible, i was on them 10 days last time and had withdrawal for 5 months, everybody reacts differently.

• Posted

Im so glad for you! I've been having what i think are withdrawal symptoms today. The panic and anxiety seem to be worse than usual and am having some tremors. I just hope it goes away quickly because i have other health issues as well.

• Posted

you will get through it, im currently coming off an ssri and the withdrawal is brutal, are you eating ok and drinking plenty of water?

• Posted

its your terror thats causing these side effects... not the mirt at that dose and for that period... from a pharmacological pov its not possible

and in science, saying "anything is possible" is incorrect.

• Posted

I eat regularly but my appetite is rather poor.i think my water intake is not enough. im trying to increase it.

• Posted

Greg,i keep telling myself that such a low dose cant possibly cause side effects and that most of it is because of my panic.

Unfortunately my panic got the better of me, especially after those jolts. I think i was so startled i cried out.it was most unpleasant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.