Withdrawal - Sedated/groggy fatigue like feelings

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I know many people mention fatigue as part of their withdrawal symptoms... How long did it last? Fatigue seemed to set in about 4 weeks into being off Remeron.

I'm also getting this sedative groggy like fatigue feeling also. Anyone get that?

Soccer

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

also been having some headaches and a tight band around my head.

Report Reply
    • Posted

I have been off for just over 4 weeks and feel absolutely knackered most of the time. Even with a good night's sleep I feel tired when I get up. Also feeling totally devoid of motivation and enthusiasm, and have to push myself to do anything around the house. I have also been having headaches, which is unusual, but that maybe because my eyesight is out of wack while I am awaiting cataract operation. Even though I'm feeling like this I am so happy to be off the tablets, and am seeing signs of weight loss at last. (I put on nearly 10 kilos in a year) and also the craving for carb rich foods has decreased. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Report Reply
    • Posted

So you feel knackered even with a good nights sleep? Interesting. I wonder how remeron withdrawal can cause so much tiredness? I was getting some decent sleep but now I'm in my 5th week off Remeron and my sleep is getting worse. I can fall asleep but wake up between 3-5am. I did have sleep issues before I started Remeron.

I usually never get headaches so I'm thinking the ones I'm having now is withdrawal related.

Today I started getting these sharp pains in my head on the top right side that sometimes extends to the back side. I was thinking these were headaches but I think maybe they are brain zaps because the sharp pain hits then shortly after it's gone. The pain might hit in intensity a couple times in a row then it's gone. It felt pretty intense a couple of times but I didn't really have any other symptoms with it. I was driving when they first hit and was worried I might pass out but nothing bad happened other than the sharp intense tight pain that came and went. I would assume if this was a headache it would have stuck around longer but who knows for sure.

Anyway, thank you and I hope you also feel better soon!

Report Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up