withdrawall

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello my name is Jason I have been on mirtazapine or avaza 45mgs at night just before I go to sleep. My doctor pushed my dose for 45 to 90 at nights I got serotonin syndrome where I had to go to hospital. I was not taking my dose but my gp kept telling me to go back to 45mgs I've now stopped cold turkey I feel like death I need to go to the toilet all the time I feel like im going to be sick all the time all my organs are sore my eyes are blurred and im getting twitching mussels I feel like im going to pass out how long will these side effects last for I feel like im so sick and im getting over feeling like this. I've been on avanza ,mirtazapine for about 4 years I have not had any for about 12 days now. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

somebody help me with an answer thank you for reading. PS if your doctor try's to put you on 90 BY ALL MEANS SAY NOOOOOO!!!!!! that's my advice

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I admire your stance re: taking stand. I would say, give your body time to adjust. You were on that medication for 4 years-therefore its natural to feel like hell. How would you manage your condition now? If symptoms/withdrawal persists, and/or you get to feeling worse, I would seek out medical advice, perhaps from someplce else if you have lost confidence in your go. Good luck!
  • Posted

if i was you i'd take a tablet and then that will help with the withdrawels. its dangerous to stop suddenly like you have. thats what i did and the only relief i got was to go back on my tablets but to keep it down to the lowest dose i could. and go back to the doc and tell him the truth,,
  • Posted

Jason, I agree with robina87. Going cold turkey is dangerous. You should see a new GP immediately. (I think prescribing 90 mg. per day was wrong). One must wean onself off medication. Start taking it again but in a lower dose and then gradually reducing it further. Were you taking this to sleep? I believe there are better drugs with fewer side effects to help you sleep.
  • Posted

Hi Jason,

I was prescribed Mirtazapine,just 20mg per day and after a week I suffered violent diarrhoea and it wouldn't go away,admittedly it took the edge off my anxiety and I slept better for a while.

You have been prescribed far too high a dosage and should be weaned off accordingly and that may take time.

I suggest you ask your doctor for Pregabilin,you will not need a high dosage of that,I currently take 400mg per day,but started on 200mg,it is a wonderful drug,my brother was actually mentally sectioned,this drug saved him he's still on it and swears by it,and so do I.

Go back to your doc and tell him/her straight,I don't mess about now,life's too short to worry about doctors reactions to my requests,ask him to sort you out with your withdrawal problems and ask for maybe a couple of weeks on Diazepam,but ask for Pregabilin,it will help you big time.

Best of luck!

Peace and Love Malc

• Posted

hello again Jason here

thank you all for your support its great to know that im not the only person going threw this disgusting feelings so thank you. I just cant understand I told my doctor but he would not listen to me so I got serotonin poising was sick for about a week. I went to the pharmacist last night and I told him all my symptom's and he said I should be feeling a lot better so im a bit confused im not sure how long the detox will take I've looked on line and one bloke said he was detoxing for 8 months I hope that is not true as I feel bad enough now and its day 12 today is it going to get better. Malc what type of medication is pregabilin??? get back to me guys thank you for your support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.