Withdrawel?????

Posted , 3 users are following.

I cross tapered from citalopram to sertraline about 3 weeks ago I was on 10mg citalopram (been on them 7 years various mg's ) I only weaned off them for a week taking 5mg every other day, my brain hurts, I feel so weird I don't feel in reality I get dizzy, headaches and shivers. Do you think I am still withdrawing from citalopram considering I've been on them for 7 years?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Of course...seven years it's along time and weaning only one week?wow that's why your feeling that way.take care

• Posted

Did they work for you I’m just on week 5 not noticing really any difference 
    • Posted

I don't think they did much for my anxiety, the citalopram stopped working and was giving me horrendous side effects. I hope they work soon for you x

• Posted

What where your horrendous side effects..if you don't mind me asking?

• Posted

Well they worked for up to 7 years and then I was getting severe anxiety and really bad panic attacks (I never suffer from panic attacks ) I was in constant state of fear, severe depersonalization and I'm still not over it yet. Panic has got a lot better since starting sertraline I've just got a weird head like nothing is real but I know this is citalopram withdrawel now my brain is getting use to it and new medication.

• Posted

I see...but I do know ssris cause all those side effects..been thru that .

With several...but fine now with celexa...thanks hope all goes for you well with sertraline

• Posted

Lois how long will it take for citalopram to kick in ? For aniexty 
    • Posted

Took me 8months to finally say wow I feel good...and iam on 10milligrams.
    • Posted

Thanks Louis I was getting all these symptoms before the sertraline whilst still on only the citalopram, it started in July and I didn't think it could of been the citalopram until a few weeks ago that's why I tapered over to sertraline. Take care Louis ?

• Posted

And you have to take into consideration that the sertraline is also causing you start up side effects.. perhaps?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.