Wobbly and weak

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ladies - just wondered if anyone else feels strange when maybe overdoing things. Been doing stuff in garden and loads of housework but had to lie down as feeling weird, hard to describe but slightly detached and spaced out and very weak all over like my hand can't clench a fist kind of, almost like gonna pass out ?? Surgical menopause no HRT , not the first time I've been like this but it passes it's just horrible. Thanks everyone xx

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel like i get this i am on medication and if i do to much i get that weird feeling myself like i am goig to pass out weak, dizzy just not in to it like yesterday and all the crying 

Its a scary feeling i understand what you are going through

• Posted

Thank you Susan I feel for you also - I'm 53 now and wondering if and when things will get any easier ? Been in tears since this afternoon thinking all sorts of horrid things. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

Hi lou86, I too have battled those feelings for the past four years, used to be every so often, but now on a daily basis, for me the stoppping eating sugar, and high carbs has helped greatly. When I get bad I take a motion sickness pill, and that helps. I know this time of life is not easy, and most doctors act like you are crazy when you try telling them. I went to four different doctors, and they all would think it was my BP or thyroid, which both were fine. My chiropractor is who has been helping me. I also just started on bioidenticals in the past month, so that might help improve symptoms down the road, I just know I never used to feel the weakness, and weriod feelings until the menopause. YUCK.
    • Posted

Hi there, thanks for your reply and sorry you feel this way for so long how awful for you, may I ask if you have had a hysterectomy ? I honestly had no idea it would be like this I really didn't - in actual fact I had hysterectomy with one ovary removed 20 years ago, last ovary 18 months ago ( 20cm cyst ) and its just been absoloutly horrendous to put it mildly - don't know what to do with myself as I know I'm in for yet another sleepless night - when I get this way I start with really bad anxiety and worrying about my health, what if this and what if that - so bad at night the loneliest time to feel ill. Hubby away and terrified of having a panic attack on my own yet too scared to go to bed as as soon as I lie down heart starts thumping so have to jump out and try to think of other things, it's just hell - crying again now dreading the long night , so sorry xx
    • Posted

Lou just back on site ,where are you ? Do you have anyone you can go stay with ,whilst your on your own ,nothing's worse when you feel as you do now ,have you got any meds that will help calm you .? 

What are you thinking on health worry ?Weve all been there at some point ,it's what anxiety and stress does to your body .Palpatations yes Lou I to get them .Menopause will do that ,classic symptom ,but they settle when you do .  Breath in for 5 ,hold for 4 ,then breath slowly out for 7 ,do that a few times ,when your laying down ,place hands on stomach ,go to bed with radio music on ,you will drop off .ive had many a day as your having trust me ,9 yrs and counting.Distraction of any kind helps .Keep music or the TV on ,even if in background ,tomorrow keep doing deep breathing ,do you pace when having anxiety ? Don't ever say sorry ,we all find this hard .Your be okay ,hormones are a bitch Lou xxx

• Posted

Hello Marlene, thank you for reply and thank you SO much for your very helpful advice. Family are over an hour away and I live right out in the sticks, nearest shop is ten minute car drive, I have one neighbour but she's elderly and would not want to worry her. When I get like this I worry stupidly that the cyst I had is growing back and I check my stomach from all angles and look in the mirror and convince myself it's coming back - my sane mind tells me not to be silly but then I panic and again it's there, but how can it be when I have no ovaries, womb or cervix, I even convince myself that the hospital were lying to me when they told me I am fine, that's how crazy I get - usually at night when it's dark and lonely, and then in the morning it's different again so I sit and wait for it to get light.  . . . . BUT tonight I am going to do the breathing you recommended and I am going to put a happy Dvd on to watch and remind myself over and over everything you have said, you make much sense to me, I'm sorry you have had to put up with this for 9 years - you are one strong lady, thank you very much for your kind words of support xx
    • Posted

p.s. Forgot to mention the only medication I have apart from sumatriptan is Oromorph which I had for severe pain when I had some evil dental work done, that knocks me right out ! 
    • Posted

Lou your just over thinking things ,you've had that op ,I don't think they'd  not do what they set out to do. Here they have to tell you everything regarding ones op ,some law my surgeon informed me couple years ago ,Id not known if he'd not mentioned it ,as I came awake mid op .

Your Dr will have what was done on your records ,they forward them through ,ask Dr if you want reassurance ,your records end of day .

How long will your husband be away .? Living out in the sticks isent no joy ,feeling as you do .Im sure your neighbour would be pleased to have a chat Lou .May be getting on in years ,but maybe she's had similar happen to her .its bit like on here ,just a women to women chatting about things .Lets face it women are good at chatting hey ,my old uncle use to say men should do more talking between themselves about illness ,all human end of the day Lou .

Hope you take that knock out tablet ,may just get in that much needed sleep ,Hope all steadys itself out for you .Get a mantra going ,and keep repeating it to yourself when you feel panicky ,I do ,it will help calm you down .I got into meditation ,I do that ,in bed ,sat in chair ,that's good ,go onto You tube ,got meditations ,plus good meditation music .Relaxing both .

Your be fine Lou xxx PS don't sit up all night . 

• Posted

Hi lou86~ No I have not had a hysterectomy, but I never was able to get pregnant, not sure if that has something to do with the intensity of this or not,  I hear you on the panic attacks,  I always thought I was cool and collected until menopause. Imbalance really messes with a persons everything. Have you tried any homeopathic anxiety relief products from a health food store? I use one frequently, they dissolve under your tongue, and you start feeling  better in about fifteen minutes, I also take a true calm product that is alot of Bs, magnesium, gaba and.... it really helps me.  I agree this is the most horrible thing I've been through ever. I do alot of praying, sometimes can only get  out Help me Jesus! I have heard that the bio identical hormones will help anxiety and....I will be remembering you in my prayers!!!!
    • Posted

Morning - actually after all last night was not that bad, I watched a couple of good old dramas on t.v then went to bed, I tried to close my mind from all the  bad thoughts with the breathing and actually felt better thank you, in fact it was a decent sleep and the phone woke me up just after 8, that never happens ! You have helped me so much and helped me see things for what they really are - I can see inside myself a little and I know all these symptoms are menopause and nothing else, I know that and my mind is playing tricks on me. I'm not going to leave it though and put up with things and feeling like this, I am going to ring for appointment and try and get this sorted or at least try to get some relief. Today I am not going to sit and worry I will make myself go for a walk and breathe in lots of fresh air, it's raining but I don't mind that - then I am going to try some relaxation, even the advice you gave me has helped so much already so it just shows that if we take control things can improve the situation. If I see me neighbour today I might ask her to come in for a cup of tea, you are right it's up to us to make that change and do something instead of brooding and overthinking, it doesn't help things in any way. You have made me feel loads better and I'm so sorry for being so needy and pathetic, positive thoughts and actions from today forward. Did I hear you right that you woke up during surgery, that's totally horrific. God bless you and thank you so much for all your support, xx
    • Posted

Morning to you, hope your night was ok. I have seriously taken on board all your kind advice and am going to make changes from today - last night was better for me and sleep was good for once and it's DEFINATLEY because I've been talking to you lovely ladies here. I am not going to sit and worry I am going out for a walk and try to think positive and be grateful for my life - I am ringing for an appointment this week and will get help with the symptoms, even a little help makes big improvements so hopefully I will find some relief from all this. If my imagination starts to get the better of me I will do some deep breathing until it passes - I can see how positive you all are here and that's how I intend to be from today. . . . . . Thank you so much for all your wonderful advice and help, I do appreciate everything, take care xx
    • Posted

Hi Lou ,glad you had good nights sleep ,you sound more up beat ,now got to keep it going  with these symptoms is like a roller coaster Up and Down ,Im sure menopausal drs go through same things we all do ,I've heard of one who had really bad sleeping problem ,and after pills ,had to go for hypnotherapy .

The brain as my female Dr has said is the most complex organ we have ,hence why I think drs put everyone on these so called head pills for just about everything these days ,even children can end up on those ,which as a female Im far from happy on hearing that .I struggle on without taking those ,they increase anxiety in me I found ,but we're all different 

I do have in home Bach Rescue spray ,you spray on tongue ,can't remember last time I used that ,but it's there .Chemist and most all supermarkets have it ,not expensive May pay to get that in ,no side affects at all with that ,hence why I've got it .Valerian is another ,go check them both out ,those have been on market for years Lou .

I'm sat here typing ,Judge Judy on in background ,as a distraction ,do what you need to ,if on your own ,worse thing for anxiety meno ,is a house quiet ,your mind tends to centre on the anxiety you have going on .

Hope you get to see your neighbour ,it's surprising what just chatting to another female what comes about .Nothing to loose as I said yesterday .i chat to my elderly aunt ,my what she knows in regard to all this ,she to had a very bad time ,my mum and her we're sisters .

Let's know how your day goes on ,I just deal in day Im in ,never think to far ahead ,I've learnt that much from all of this ,Your Not ,Needy ,your Not Pathetic ,why put that label onto yourself .It is what it is and your doing your best to get through these probs ,as we all are .xxx

• Posted

Was praying for you! I know I was so relieved to find this site, I was the only one of my sisters to have issues, and they all still think I should just get a grip, and it is in my imagination. So to find others that understand what is happening, and learn from what they tried is awesome. Keep on taking those walks, and know you are not alone!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.