woke up this morning and my heart is pounding :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

I woke up this morning and my heart is racing so fast and got terrible shooting pains! Its scaring the life out of me but why am u having this problem soon as I wake up I felt fine yesterday as well its making me feel like I can't breathe as anyone else experienced this soon as they wake up,

0 likes, 16 replies

Report / Delete

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

My health anxiety sometimes does this to me. It also makes me feel sick and tired.

If you panic it will only make things worse.

Best thing I found to do is, lay flat on your back with your head slightly elevated using a pillow, put your arms by your side and take nice and slow deep breaths.

If you get that worries, take a visit to your GP, they will reassure you and can help you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I woke up on Thursday with a fairly fast heartbeat and stabbing pains in my chest. I got in the shower and found it hard to breath a little. I didn't go to sixth form that day because the pain kept coming back but I woke up the next morning fine.

Don't worry about it, I have experienced it too.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

thank you both for replyng its just so hard to ignore it when i feel like my heartbeat is coming through my chest sad the pain is on my left side at top of my ribs but then goes to middle of my back at the top and to my left shoulder! its so horrible and to be experience it soon as i wake up i dont know what to do anymore usually its on a night time i feel like this and now in the morning aswell its like im not having a break! been to doctors several times, and hospital too had several ECG's blood tests, heart enzyme tests etc, and they still assume its my anxiety and my hearts healthy so why do i feel like this sad i thought i was getting better now i feel ive gone back to square one sad im 22 and feel like my lifes over already sad hate feeling like this
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have similar pains just under my armpit and left side. I haven't had mine checked out due to the causes that it anxiety related. If you are assured that nothing is wrong don't worry about it. All of us on these blogs have a set of scary symptoms so you're not alonesmile I find when my heart beats sometimes it will feel like it skips one and then beats harder to make up for two? Strange right! Just remember, you're healthy, so this is only holding you back. Take control!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

yes thats exactly the same as me exactly the same like right now my hearts beating fast when i put my hand on my chest the pain is still there but my heart like goes slower then pounds again feeling like it skipped a beat then did like 3 to make up for it!! sounds absolutely ridiculous now im writing it myself but its such a scary experience that when it does happen it feels like it is your heart! how old are u if u dont mind me asking? i have been assured by 3 nurses and 3 doctors that its not my heart so why does my heart beat fast thats obviously my heart i just keep thinkin they are piling me off and not looking for the correct things i sound so stupid but cant get these thoughts out of my head that they have missed something when they say my results are all fine sad x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm 17, and its a really scary feeling! Apparently it's to do with the rhythm in which the valves put, but a level biology doesn't make me a doctor! If we are having the same feeling and your doctors assure you that you are fine you have to take their word for it. If they have done multiply checks the chances of them missing something is very very small. Plus I have heard many people replying to my discussions with similar problems and they are also fine. It sounds very similar to mine, anxiety. Do you suffer from any arm pain? Jaw pain? Sometimes my lips go numb! Are you worried about anything? Dying? Don't like work? Mine started when I was worried about dying and being ill as I have been diagnosed with an inflammatory bowel problem, then I worry about my a levels and I don't like my school, so the anxiety started and now I worry about my chest pain! I'm such a hypochondriac, I google everything which brings out the WORSE outcome, trust me, I have suspected everything, it's kind of silly when I think about it. Just remember to stay calm, I struggle too, and it may seem silly coming from a 17 year old but you're not alone!x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah I am exactly the same im having all these symptoms and I know that it is anxiety I just feel I cannot believe it when u say it like that it makes it much more reassuring yeah I get arm pain lips and face start tingling and every other symptom thanks for your advice hun I feel a little calmer just got to reassure myself and this I think stemmed from work been genuinely stressed out but that when in started having panic attacks thats when my fear of dying came and it just got worse sad x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I constantly thought I was having a heart attack, my parents thought I was being silly but they don't understand what it feels like. I always think I am destined to be the one that gets unlucky and it has developed into health anxiety. It sounds really silly to explain but if I get a headache I think automatically that is a problem like a tumour so spend my time googling and getting worked up about it. Feel free to get in touch with me by writing on this discussion about any other symptoms you're worried about and we can talk aboutsmile other people who aren't experiencing don't understand. Hope that talking to someone experiencing the same thing will reassure you, then you'll be able to calm down and forget about it, just remember, you're healthysmile

Happy to help, feel better soon x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Aw that has definitely reassured me thank u yes I totally see where u are coming from my parents partner and friends all tell me to stop been silly but until your in that situation you cannot calm down because your constantly thinking about the worst!sad my chest at the moment is like a jerky feeling like my hearts pounding but feels like its jumping/jerky feeling can't really explain it sad just trying to reassure myself that I can and will get better yeah I will message you smile you feel free to message me aswell where abouts are u from? Im in Yorkshire smile x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Also regarding the bit where you said your destined to be the one it happens to im the same I feel im the one what it's going to happen to etc etc god look at us I hate this anxiety its awful! X
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's hard to describe to people the panic you are in because they just think you're over exaggerating when it feels like a heart attack. I know what you mean, and yes I will do, let me know how you get on and if you have any weird symptoms. And yes! I feel like that, my friend had similar chest pain and yet I can't help but think I'd be the one with the problem. At the moment, my chest is hurting a dull stabbing where my bra ends near my armpit, this is where it usually hurts.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth to send a private message click on the little envelope next to someones name and it will send a private message u write your message then press send when u get one back it will give you a notification smile also tells you when they have read it too hope that helps x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

no problem hun did you find it? and yes i, feeling quite positive today i have had quite a good day except from this mornin  but not going to jynx it because guarantee soon as i get in bed it will start just got to stay positive and keep my mind occupied! hope your ok too smile x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up