womans problems.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello every one.  Im unsure of where to start really so i apologise if i go off on a tangent. Im a young woman of 20 , i havent always had regular periods and last October i got the contraceptive injection which i let run out in november of 2017. Since then ive been bleeding non stop every day. There have been a few brief breaks , no more than two days and during that time whenever i ger intimate with my partner i bleed afterband im in a lot of pain. I recently went to the doctor who did swabs internally and everything came back clear but im still experiencing the blood loss and pain. If anyone has gone through anything similar or has any advice id be grateful as i really feel awful at the minute. Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm also 20 and had something similar happen twice. The first time my bleeding lasted 28 days and only stopped after 2 prescriptions of Cyklokapron. This was caused by break bleeding on the pill which wasnt strong enough for me. The second time was after a laparoscopy to diagnose endometriosis, this one lasted 35 days. I was given a double dose of Cyklokapron but it didn't work, they then gave me Provera which worked but required me to go off my pill once the bleeding stopped and then restart the pill after 2 days of Menses (bleeding). My cramps were severe and would land me in bed with vomiting and diarrhoea. I was taking Codeine phosphate but found it ineffective. Tramadol did seem to take the edge off but it wasnt a fix. Heat packs / hot water bottles helped but it was still very painful. I personally have both Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome and Endometriosis. 

I hope this is helpful and I wish you luck with it!

• Posted

Hi Evie not hundred sure your problem but if you experience bleed after sex  you should get it to check for 

Uterine erosion? As a lot of my friends, they have this symptom but only to it worst then the hospital diagnosis the problem. So just keep in mind and see do you bleed every time after intercourse. Hope this might help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.