Wondering if it might be IBS

Posted , 7 users are following.

It's a month now, it all started with stomach cramps on the right bottom of my abdomen/pelvic area and constipation. Then the costipation have been coming and going every 3/4 days together with the cramps, sometimes sharp fast pain just under the belly area on right side (stabbing). Sometimes I also had the sharp pain (like stabbing) when trying to have a bowel movement. The gp had me do blood test, celiac disease test, pelvic ultrasounds, lower abdomen ultrasounds and x-rays but it was all ok. She said it had to be IBS but 3 days ago I was so sick ( I felt nauseous, pressure builting on lower right abdomen, sharp pains and a stinging feeling near the navel) so I went to emergency, they did blood test and a pelvic exam...all clear no problems found. Now, in the last week I also had pain in the lower back, kinda like back pain but more mild and yesterday, I was nauseous for about 2-3 hours and then the pain shifted to the left side of the lower abdomen and it have been there since then. I wonder if instead of IBS it could be a parcial occlusion that have been slowly moving in my intestin. Please let me know what you think about it.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

MissJosefina could not have said it better exactly what I've been trying to tell everyone for a while now you have to accept it as long as all the tests are coming back negative and less in new symptom appears that is serious. Because most people I talk to you on this forum don't accept the IBS even though you tell them to follow the FODMAP and watch what they eat they do not listen and continue to wonder what's going on with them. Funny how your symptoms started out just like mine except from the opposite side mind want from upper left down to lower left over to right lower up to right upper and then dissipated and settled with bloating in my stomach or just under my stomach in the fold of my large intestine and have a little bit of irritation in left lower sometimes. You may want to get more studies done on your gallbladder though just in case but with ultrasounds in CT with contrast should have seen most of anything you could have had there's a lot of intermittent things that go along with the GI tract that don't get picked up all of the time until they get worse I guess
  • Posted

Could be slowing of food gastroparesis Exedra basically a slowing of the motility of the GI tract. And/or pseudo obstructions that's what I've been thinking I've got going on hence more fiber and water unless that actually gives you more cramps
  • Posted

So I have only constipation later, (3/4 days now), but when not constipated my stool is normal for color and caratteristics. I feel like my digestion have slowed down a lot lately and takes more time that before, about the dull pain i feel and the cramps, they are more concentrate on the right part of the intestin, the feeling near the navel is more like pression from the foot stuck there because of the constipation and I don't feel it often. The pain on the left area of the intestin was yesterday only, the I passed some stool and it was gone. I was told to try an enema to unblock this constipation and then add more fibers to the diet. I already drink a lot of water, I always have and my diet have a good amount of fibers and always have gave me zero problems. I don't drink alchool.

• Posted

There is no question that what you have a significant chronic consipation. You have no IBS symptoms----chronic & urgent diarrhea being the most prominent. I hate to see you get too far down the road guessing as to what it may be. Unfortunately our very skilled doctors are not so able to properly diagnose GI problems. You should consider for even just several days treating yourself as if it is constipation. In the US we have a product called milk of magnesia. All it is -is a liquid dilution of magnesium which is a natural stool softener. I suggest that you could go to a drug store & buy some over the counter------take a good strong dose of it--whatever the directions are----stay with it for several days & once you have purged your bowel---not just have several movements you will feel much better. You could also go to a health -vitamin shop & get some magnesium powder or capsules. The human body is designed to have 3 bowel movements a day. If you don't do that then you are accumulating waste in your colon.
  • Posted

Ouch that sounds nasty! Are you sure you don't have something else a miss.  I would ask for more tests you may have something else underlying it, mine is all stress based.  I can't eat certain foods - the brassics like cabbage and sprouts for instance but I have massive food intolerances any way!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.