Wondering if tablets are thr answer

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys

I am week 10 my depression has improved but my anxiety is worse i am having panic attacks all through the nigh and feel like i cant swallow. Also having se anxiety in the day time. I an thinking of tapering off the fluoxetine aa i an worried they are making my anxiety alot worse. 

Has any1 else found this xxx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Star, I'm sorry it isn't working well for you. My gut feeling is it is the wrong medicine for you. Even tho' I am having insomnia hell with Prozac, it did reduce and then stop my panic attacks. My doc said Sertraline would have been better but hopefully I'll never have to find out. Go see your doc. Maybe after 10 weeks it is time to change meds.

• Posted

Hi dom did he say why sertraline woukd be better xxx
  • Posted

Hello Star, it is the 1st choice I think in th UK, but then everybody is affected differently so there's no guarantee, but I don't think Prozac is working for you given you've been on it 10 weeks.

• Posted

I know dom i tried sertraline and didnt like the side effects but i didnt hove it long at all. Im thnking of weaning iff them and changing my life style more in the new year xxx
    • Posted

Star my guess is you will need a medication, but no idea which one, but 10 weeks on Prozac is long enough to know I reckon. Prozac switched a switch within 5 hours for me and stopped panic attacks within 4 weeks. It hasn't done any of that for you ut there will be a med that will. If you search online you can find all the meds for anxiety, depression and panic with user reviews and overall ratings. Go see your doc and try something else. The good news is you shouldn't need to taper off Prozac.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.