wondering what this was

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone,

I have an extreme fear of herpes. it consumes my life big time as i inspect my vagina everyday for any changes. i last had sexual contact 10 days ago but no intercourse. and our skin barely touched and if it did it was brief. anyways i have been diagnosed with vuvlodynia and i have a very sensitive vaginal area. i split during sex (have been for the past year) but multiple swabs and blood tests ruled herpes out. i shaved last night and noticed a raw area above my clitoris. it looked weepy. i put A&D ointment on it and i woke up and now its bascially gone. do you think it was just an irritation? thank youFile size is too big

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

• Posted

Pretty hard to judge going by this pic. Is it only the one blister? If the ointment helped, and it's gone down in size, it's almost certainly not herpes.

• Posted

it looks like one big "blister" but it wasnt. there were tiny abrasions on raised skin. now they are healing and almost completely gone. i havs a very sensitive vagina. and again, my last sexual encounter was 10 days ago hooking up with underwear on. so i doubt i even had a risk. but i will get it looked at.

• Posted

image this is it yesterday. its bascially 100% healed today.

• Posted

hard to tell from this picture but could it be from shaving?

• Posted

i never cut myself but it was a new razor and heavily scented. i think my skin just reacted badly because before i got into the shower it was not there. it healed up in less than 2 days.

• Posted

well dear... i too had an extreme fear of herpes and now i dont have that fear anymore because i have herpes... its common and you are going to give yourself a nervous breakdown about it. live your life and be as safe as possible. the only thing that is 100% protection is abstinance. if you are going to be sexually active be safe and understand sex is risky... relax

• Posted

im sorry to hear that. my last exposure was not even intercourse. we had our underwear on. i think this may have just been from shaving. considering it healed in less than 3 days.

• Posted

Yeah, herpes blisters very rarely heal that fast, and virtually never if it's the first outbreak. Pretty safe to say this isn't herpes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.