Work

Posted , 4 users are following.

Trying to come down on my cit. Tomorrow i have to go to work and im going through hell at the thought of it,any advice ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Re getting through going back to work - i told myself it's only a day, just 8 hrs and i can bluff most of it.  By the end of day two I was less panicked and for long periods of the day I was distracted by the work I was doing and didn't even think about how anxious I was.  Take it hour by hour, eg 'just one more hour til coffee break' , 'just one more hour til lunch' etc., and suddenly going home time is there and you've done it, you've succeeded. Good luck hon.
    • Posted

Done two days, while i know im stuggling , im doing it, so its a start. Thank you :-)
  • Posted

This is a strange situation, i no we are all diffferent and when I had to come of benzo's, valium etc my life was hell, worst withdrawals ever, wanted to die.  But whenever i've had to come of These drugs Cit, Zoloft, Prosac etc, I've been able to reduce over a week with no effects at all.  So im very sorry to hear your story and having to work while feeling that way.  I think I'm so used to taking strong drugs that the SSRI's etc dont effect me much.  Good luck an your doc has a duty of care come down at your speed, dont let him or her bamboozel you hun.  Will be thinking of you.,  Nicky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.