Work and anxiety!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have been off for 2 weeks with a sick note last time I was off I got a warning and I suffer really badley with anxiety I'm on citalopram. I went out for the first time today only for a walk for 20 mins but I'm meant to be back at work on Saturday and really don't feel ready!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The walk was a great idea and good for you that you thought of it and did it. Working is a challenge whilst you have high levels of anxiety. Just do you best. There are many lower  stress jobs out there you can google them maybe a job change would be helpful. From an employers point of view they need staeady workers so dont get to upset with your employer. They also have jobs you can do from home which you can look into. Customer service is a big stay at home job these days.You would need a very good running computer with great wifi and a cooy machine. You can look into that as well.
  • Posted

A lot of employers just dont get depression/anxiety its really sad

Maybe it is time to look for something else that you feel comfortable with

Good Luckbiggrin

• Posted

Yea i have the same problem with my job nobody understands Anxiety until they get it themselves
  • Posted

What kind of work do you do?

Does your boss understand your issues?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.