Work - help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had GAD for 2.5 years now - in feb I started to suffer again so much so that it impeded my ability to complete my job. The doctor signed me off I felt better went back perhaps 9 weeks ago and the last 2 weeks I have been feeling like I cannot cope with work again. I have been on medication throughout and undergoing therapy as well. I am scared I might tender in my resignation even though I cannot afford not getting paid. I am a policy advior currently and was hoping to get a few ideas about jobs that would perhaps be less stressful but also pay a decent wage. I love animals and am generally a very social person.

This is the first time i have written in any forum . My friends dont understand why the anxiety has "re - occured" or what to do to "fix" me. I feel work can also only be understanding to a point. 

I feel like im losing everything and I dont know what to do or who to turn to. I want to be able to just be a regular adult and not live in my head and on edge all the time. 

I am worried about work so much that it is hampering my chances of bouncing back quicker. Have you dealt with a similar situation?

Grateful for any helpful comments

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes and its normal. It happens and you just do what you did doc signed you off work.. And listen to your body. Maybe you need more time, is disability benefits available where you are? You can apply for that since unable to work . It will eliminate the stress and if your approved you get paid each month ongoing and you can go off if it in future. Etc. You have choices so I'd check into this.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jen - I feel your pain and suffering and although myself and your situation/symptoms are different we are both kinda in the same place

I have suffered with anxiety for 3 and half years now and the physical symptoms effect me everyday of my life,sometimes i could bleedin scream 'leave me alone' as just wanna feel normal like i used to

I can officially say that i hate the human body/mind and i never in my wildest dreams thought it was capable of all the weird and wonderful symtoms of anxiety

I personally think that once someone develops anxiety that it will in some form be with that person for the rest of their life,you just find ways to control it or maybe adjust so that you can live a relatively normal life

Theirs plenty of people out their who are suffering too and who genuinely care and talking and sharing experiences helps tremendously

Please stay strong and find  your own ways of coping with this anxiety as different things work for different people. Although i dont know you i sense you have the strength to beat this stupid thing 'DONT LET THIS DAMN ANXIETY GET THE BETTER OF YOU,YOU WILL BEAT THIS GEN'

Peace and love

Justin.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Justin

Thanks for your message - I think GAD is one of the loneliest diseases and up until today I never really shared my story with people similar to myself.

I dont know if i can afford to take such a drastic pay cut but there has to be another way out - i dont want things to get so bad that work fires me! 

sometimes I look at friends and wonder why not me? I used to be someone that had things together... what happened to her? Havent told my parents have relapsed either...

thanks again Justin

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

yes i suffer from anxiety badly i cant even go out sometimes and its really hard to go to work i have panick attacks so bad.. I feel i fear things that havnt even happened and the sickness feeling i get inside me its like someone has died or as if i am taking an exam im on loads of medication but it dosnt seem to work no more sue
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Are you seeing someone that helps my fear of everythin going wrong in my life... but i understand that when an attack happens all the good meaning theoretical tools go out the door.

We have to try and stay strong although for me its easier to be there for you than for myself

take care

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up