Work/Job computer setting with Fluorescent lighting

Posted , 1 user is following.

I feel like I've been fighting a battle against my light setting at work and feel it has caused some serious health issues. Starting back in college working at my laptop for hours underneath the dorm fluorescent tube lights, I feel like I began to have dimmer vision. My college days we're moderate drinking, sometimes a lot, and almost all computer work. I started interning in 2015 at my current desk job full time during the summer and then part time during school. In 2017 I started full time and feel like it's all been down hill from there. I would come home from work feeling the effects of the day, and the only thing that would sort of remedy it would be sleep. Fast forward to today, and I pretty much feel that way all the time. It is very hard to describe the way one feels. It is a derealization/trance like state with sporadic disassociation. It is almost like my life is a lie. I talk to co workers under the lights and it is almost a dream like state, and hard to focus on them. I feel like I had severe tunnel vision when I was wearing my glasses back in 2017 at work, but have now been wearing contacts at work for almost a year. I recently back in August cold-turkey quit my Sertraline HCL (Zoloft) after taking that for many years. That was taken with Strattera which was quit a few years back.

Has anybody else been in this position before?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.