Work not sure what to do

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive veen seeing my gp and also under the care of cmht. I started my current job 4 months ago. Its a very small organization. I work from home most the week but my work involves a lot of interaction with people and high levels of concentration. Its hot yo the point where i dont feel i can work next week. I was going to self certify for 7 days but panicked about what to tell them/say.

Im worried I will need more than 7 days but am worried dr wont sign me off; also worried as im still in probation period and its not really a job where others can pick up my work.... worried what will happen and what to do money wise too... i feel trspped and its the kind if organization that if i go off sick everyone will know why if drs note sent in as its just one person who deals with all hr matters and she gossips about everything 😢

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi firstly you worry a lot lol I'm joking I see your point

So your dr is there to safe guard your health wording etc is deprementral to your health have a little faith in your dr

Your doctor can give you a sick note and refuse to stare a reason for your illness he/she can and will put you are not fit for work certified by them your employer has to accept the note without question you can bend the truth if they ask what's wrong with you as it's not stated you must explain to your dr the problems your having they understand that you may feel that there's stigma attached to other people opinion so I'm confident the dr will write you a note that you benifet from

You go and see they can't lie for you that's true but they don't have to tell everyone what's wrong with you either

• Posted

just knuckle down and try and do what you need to do regardless,dont let depression stop you as if you do then next time you feel bad you will do the same over and over,not saying its a walk in the park but you need to draw a line and think give me your worse because no matter what i will keep fighting back
  • Posted

Hi k8861 - what a world we live in where our job is everything and our health is deemed an issue that gets in the way of business. I sympathise with your dilemma and wonder if I can suggest you break your action down into single steps. First gto see that doctor. Tell him what you are experiencing and be honest. Discuss whether in the your anxiety might be addressed in the interim with meds - for instance a small dosgae of, say, valium to relax you and get you through the probation phase of your job. Meanwhile you might be referred to a therapist/psychologist to assess what your condition is and whether there are underlying issues that need to be addressed in order for you to heal and whether other medications should be introduced. No-one else needs to know about it. It should be noted that your medical condition is a private matter, and if you really feel you need to self-certify, whether the doc might bend the truth a little to save you from embarrassment and the threat of job loss. 

Another option might be to let that job go. If it is the work/environment/people who are bringing you down, then you need to change those factors. Your health is the most important personal possession you have and supercedes any expectation foisted on us by our workplace. Praying to someone elses god is not going to fix any situation that needs hands on action, and is an irresponsible and dismissive suggestion that should be ignored.

• Posted

Hi Wayne, thanks for your reply

Already on meds but nit sure these new ones are helping.... ive seen a psychiatrist and am due to see them again in a few weeks.

Although it could be an option, leaving the job isnt one due to money, i have oaynents foming out and if I didnt work I woukd get in serious financial trouble very quickly 😟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.