WORK STRESS!!

Posted , 9 users are following.

How do you deal with a bully at work??? My stress is all work related.   Long story short, went to the doc today and he gave me Citalopram.  Scared as s**t to take it but i feel I need it.  

Are the side effects that bad????

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well, HR did their job, she still works beside me and I do not know what they said to her, but she is civil.  It was hard as hell going back to work this week after being off since s**t hit the fan.  I`ve been sick to my stomach, crying in fear all day every day, my anxiety is at it`s worst.  I went to see my doctor today and we`ve decided to go on the meds after all as I think it will help me cope with a lot of issues and get me back to living a normal life.  I am going to start taking them in the morning and i`m suppose to go back to see my doc in 3 weeks.  The work stress isn`t going anywhere, but at least I had the balls to finally stick up for myself and now their watching.
    • Posted

Try and start with a small dose ..its more kind to your system..glad you got that resolve..
    • Posted

It's ok taking meds. Sometimes we need a little help, a little push...it's ok. Meds help like you said to cope and start getting better...you will start seeing the light then you can change other things little by little. Be patient. Remember everything happens for a reason. You are not the only one going through this...you are not alone.

• Posted

Thank you Vanessa, I am starting to realize that I am not all alone!  It`s so great to talk about it to folks that understand and don`t judge.
    • Posted

Correct! We have all had the same feelings at one point....For me understanding it was not just me and it was NOT something like I was going crazy like I once thought gave peace to my mind and my heart. Let us know how it goes wink
  • Posted

One more thing if it helps...it helped me...listening to things like Motivational videos. They make more sense with time smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.