Work stress anxiety, want to get wasted.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been off work sick with anxiety/stress for several weeks due to bullying.

I have been prescribed prozac and diazepam but feel I can't cope with having to go into a sickness review meeting soon. I have been crying for a while tonight, and want it all to go away. I drunk a bottle of wine and took 5 of my 2mg diazepam tablets, I heard 'David Zowie - House Every Weekend' on the radio and thought it was good, so been listening to music on youtube on loads of 90s house and techno and feel great reminds me of the good times I had in the past.

I know it is probably not for the best, but it is a temporary relief, can anyone relate?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I don't think a bottle of wine with 10mg of Diazepam tablets is a very good idea. I would be worried about the effect that that may have on you now. Drink is a depressant so you will feel worse. I understand you wanting to forget things but this is not the right way. Please don't take anymore tablets or drink, except plenty of water. 
  • Posted

Hi, your message touched me. I know its difficult but don't let it beat you. Sickness review meeting is just procedure. Take a deep breath, don't rush your answers to questions in haste. You will look back on the meeting and say i got through that, it wasn't too bad. Be kind to yourself xx 
  • Posted

Thanks for the replies. I know it is probably not advisable and my GP would not be happy. I certainly did not want to do any harm and feel it is low risk but just wanted to feel a bit better. I slept this afternoon and felt so anxious this evening that I am still awake but feel a bit calmer now.

I have had an on and off problem with drinking, and smoking cannabis in the past, and realise that it is not good in the long term.

I have realised with work, that although it will be very awkward I have nothing to worry about with the meetings and if it doesn't work out it may be better with a fresh start somewhere else.

• Posted

Don't beat yourself up, we've all had vices. Just moderation with everything. Try and walk everyday it will release endorphins to give you a feel good factor and fresh air helps plus your muscles will get tired which again make you sleepy. Good, yes the meetings will go ahead just get through them and be proud of yourself that you dealt with it. Dont et people get you down your a good person no one should be bullied, stay strong i am rooting for you. 
  • Posted

Thank you. Hope you are feeling well. I thought I would feel bad this morning but I feel better today. The sun is shining and I am about to go out for a walk in the woods, like you say I find it helps.
    • Posted

That's great Olaf i am so glad your feeling better today and took that walk. Good on you. 
  • Posted

Hi olaf I was off work due to anxiety and depression last year due to bullying, so I know what your going through,I had back to work interviews along with occupational health interview with a gp. Although I dreaded the interviews they were fine, I learned that work stress/anxiety is very common and they will have seen it all before. I hope the bullying issues were sorted. Years ago I used to think downing a bottle of wine and getting wasted would help, that's what seems to work for everyone on tv and in film's lol but real life is not like that, in truth we have to face up to our problems, but I would carry on listening to your music though if it makes you feel good I love trance and house :-) anyway take care and good luck x
  • Posted

Hi olaf I was off work due to anxiety and depression last year due to bullying, so I know what your going through,I had back to work interviews along with occupational health interview with a gp. Although I dreaded the interviews they were fine, I learned that work stress/anxiety is very common and they will have seen it all before. I hope the bullying issues were sorted. Years ago I used to think downing a bottle of wine and getting wasted would help, that's what seems to work for everyone on tv and in film's lol but real life is not like that, in truth we have to face up to our problems, but I would carry on listening to your music though if it makes you feel good I love trance and house :-) anyway take care and good luck x
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply. Hope things are better now with your work.

At the moment I am on the verge of quitting my job, a number of things have happened and I can't face going back, and can't see an acceptable solution.

I suppose I should give it one last try and go along to the meeting, but I have no faith in the way everything has been dealt with so far, and want the damage it is doing to my mental and physical health to stop.

I think the best solution for me is to find another job, but it is easier said than done, especially when feeling low.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.