Working with anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I've had anxiety for 4 yrs since I had a terrible experience having my daughter which has ended up with me being left with a huge hernia,I suffer with food phobias and medication phobias as well as regular panic attacks,because of my phobia I can't take medications for anxiety or depression , as I'm a single parent on benefits when the child reaches 5 I'll be forced out to work,I really don't know how I'm going to cope, apart from not being able to stand ,sit for long periods of time,can't lift and look like a freak because of my hernia size I'm a nervous wreck,really don't know what to do,has anyone got any advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon, I had it and the same like you had to go to work as a single Mum, first you need to get rid of this fear, start to walk more , plenty of fresh air, plus you can find a job like supervisor at school for example , 3-4 hours per day, while your child is in school. Trust me you are not alone . X
  • Posted

I too have medication phobias and a fair few food phobias. I suffer terrible sciatica pain and never take anything. Therapy is my drug of choice, no side effects!
  • Posted

Hi thanks for my replies,I've been waiting for therapy for 3 yrs ,my doctor isn't helpful because I won't except the medications.before I had my daughter I had 2 jobs,now I have a panic attack just thinking about it,I wish I could walk around more Diana but because of my hernia I can only walk for about 10 mins n then I have to sit down for 20 mins,same with standing,I feel so useless 
    • Posted

I thought hernia can be treated by standard surgery, did you get any advice about it, my friend had it, it was even visible, swelling , and surgery helped her. And of course you are having anxiety because of it, worrying . Please keep in touch I only hope you get better soon x
  • Posted

It would've been standard surgery in the beginning Diana but now the hernias holding all my intestines which makes it more risky as you can suffer lung failure and circulation problems now,and recovery would now take mths not weeks and because of how it's positioned I'd have to have a drain fitted for a year as the intestinal bag has sealed itself 
    • Posted

Ooh Sharon My heart is with you, I can only imagine what you are going through, I would recommend you. Still to fight with the anxiety, I believe you can get rid of it . Have you ever heard about Epsom Salt?

• Posted

I've heard of them Diana but because of my phobias I'd never use them,it's all turned me into a freak!i only drink evian nothing else,only eat about half a dozen things won't touch anything else and the only medication I will use are my asthma pumps and that's only because I can't breath without them,it's all taken over my life x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.